After market bumper with body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CherryRedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 3inch pa body, would the aftermarket bumper match up to the old bumper brackets without modification? It's a iron cross bumper btw. I'm not worried about the weight because it's 160 pounds.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Are you talking OEM brackets? If so then yes, the aftermarket bumper should match up since that is what it was designed for. However it will sit 3" below the body of your truck, and you will have to make some custom bracketry to make it match up with your body lift.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah, it should match up to the oem mounts and the body lifts relocation brackets.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Not if you use the bumper relocation brackets included with the body lift kit. If you don't use the bumper relocation brackets, there will be a 3 inch gap. The aftermarket bumpers should mount just like the OEM bumpers so they would work with a body lifts relocation brackets. If you have a question about a specific aftermarket bumper mounting in an unusual way, I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer if you don't get answer here.

tmurphss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think some of the aftermarket bumpers/grill guards etc also mount to the tow hook locations that hang off the frame for extra support. If that is the case then custom brackets would be needed with a 3" body lift. I've looked into this before as well.