Alright guys.. BILSTEINS post your pics!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdiesel73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Finally got around to having my Bilsteins installed after having them sitting in my garage since Christmas.

Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners, fronts set to 2.8
PA 1.5 rear coil spacer
Currently sitting on stock rims and tires
BFG KO2 275/65R20 tires to come

Bottom pic is before, top is after Bils and PA spacer were installed.

View attachment 166841

Had my BFG KO2s installed yesterday. Completes the look I was going for and came out exactly how I envisioned it.

My Ram, Start to Finish Comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Had my BFG KO2s installed yesterday. Completes the look I was going for and came out exactly how I envisioned it.

View attachment 166997

Looks how a truck should look [emoji106][emoji106]. That’s the look I’m going for as well. Subtle, clean, practical and that looks sooooo sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar

That looks sweet. Exactly what I’m looking for. So you went with 275/65? That’s what, about an inch taller? I know stock size in the KO2 is 8 ply. That size as well?

jdiesel73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That looks sweet. Exactly what I’m looking for. So you went with 275/65? That’s what, about an inch taller? I know stock size in the KO2 is 8 ply. That size as well?

Yup, 1.1" bigger than the stock size. 275/60 is 33", 275/65 is 34.1". Not sure about the ply.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

View attachment 166997

Looks perfect!

Your truck is the spitting image of mine and thats exactly how I want my truck to look eventually. How are you liking the KO2s so far? Seriously considering those for my next set of tires...

jdiesel73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks perfect!

Your truck is the spitting image of mine and thats exactly how I want my truck to look eventually. How are you liking the KO2s so far? Seriously considering those for my next set of tires...

Thanks man. I'm loving the KO2s so far. They look great and perform way better than the factory SR-As. No longer am I weary of taking wet corners fearing my tires might slide out from under me.

Mark De Souza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys- got my front Bilsteins installed today. I followed the instructions from R.L.K. and the youtube video by TexasJAGD from Page 3 of this thread. Texas JAGD made it look easy! Everything came apart fine, although I missed R.L.K.'s note about not having to completely remove the sway bar mount- just loosen enough. I did the right side first and it was sprung so it had tension on it for some reason. Left side didn't! Needless to say, I had to fashion a bracket out of angle iron and threaded rods to squeeze it back down. I clamped it between the lower control arm and the sway brace and threaded it down almost like a spring compressor . Worked nicely!! Also, originally started the spring compressors using ratchets, then said "F*ck this" and used my impact. Sped things up a bunch!! Needless to say the first one took 5 hours and the second was about 2 hours.
I set them at the highest setting- 2.8, and I gained about 3 1/2" in front! Pretty psyched. The before and after pics don't do it justice. Perhaps I took them too close, but in real life the stance is worlds different!! I'm waiting on my 3/4" TopGunz spring spacers for the rear now and it'll be time for some wheels and tires!!
stock LF.jpg stock right side.jpg stock LF.jpg stock right side.jpg bilsteins LF.jpg bilsteins right side.jpg

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did a 600 mile trip (300 each way) with the back of the truck full of "stuff" (a refrigerator, a 100lb. propane tank, and 4 giant boat batteries) and pulling a 8x5 trailer with my ATV on it. Man.... these Bilsteins are great! No problems at all and still had a nice cushy ride.

Buffchief52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e torque.
Front Bils installed and set at 2.1. Almost perfect level. Rear barley 1/4" higher than front. Truck rides great, firm and controlled. I think I need Bils on the rear also? Stock feels like mush at 30,000 miles. Bils really feel much more controled. 99f68c3c44a4b2828927e4e341b5470c.jpg

Last edited:

golfinds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Hey Jason, my setup is 20x10 -24 offset Moto Metal 970 wheels wrapped with 33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires.

Sent using Tapatalk

Any pictures showing how far the tires stick out from the fender ?

kempo780

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do you know if you can get into a garage with 80"clearence?
Just went outside to measure for you. Highest point of the top of my truck with this setup is 75" with the XM shark fin antenna on it 78". The 2.1 setting makes it almost perfectly level. I have 1/2 inch lower in the front which gives it the level look with a very slight rake.

Sent using Tapatalk