Alternative to spacers on a 2WD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I know the general consensus on spacers, and was curious if there is an option for the 2WD trucks to get a 1.5-2" lift up front without messing up the suspension geometry? I assume a spindle with that amount of lift would be the only way, correct?

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought the bad spacer crap was on 4x4s only?

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I thought the bad spacer crap was on 4x4s only?

I don't want to change the geometry of my front suspension either way, and have stuff wear out earlier than is should. I was sort of hoping that someone made a 2" spindle lift, but doesn't look like it.

Co-Dog76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I talked to a guy in San Antonio in regards to your very question and I was told to stay away for spacers as they have had a problem with the spacers popping out of the coil. They recommended going with a CST 4 inch lift spindles. They are more expensive then the spacers but they sound like that are a lot safer in the long run.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I talked to a guy in San Antonio in regards to your very question and I was told to stay away for spacers as they have had a problem with the spacers popping out of the coil. They recommended going with a CST 4 inch lift spindles. They are more expensive then the spacers but they sound like that are a lot safer in the long run.

Yeah I'm definitely not doing spacers, was just interested in spindle lifts that did the same without it being a larger lift (so like a "spindle level" haha). I've been talking to Sean at MaxTrac and he's been a lot of help as well. I think the shortest spindle lift for my truck is a 3", but I'd need a 1.5-2" rear spacer in that case, and I'd rather do the MaxTrac 4.5"/3" kit in that case.

Co-Dog76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know how that works out for you. Just installed 305/70/17 terra grappler G2s on mine...no rubbing at all but looking to lift it as well.