Another leaning RC lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catchesbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had a 6" Rough Country lift installed on my brand new 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 and it sits approx. 1" lower on the rear drivers side than the passenger side. I have swapped the springs and it is still the same. The lift has been checked and it was all installed correctly. Anybody know what I could try next? I don't know where to even get a 1" coil spring spacer that will work on the RC springs.
2013040795144329_zps8b250ac0.jpg

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
top gun customz sells a lot of spacers..they have 1"..thats a lot of lean tho..mine has .5" lean lower on driver side..mine was like that from factory tho..

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh god that looks awful. I'd be contacting rough country asap and send this pic!! I hope you get it settled quickly. I have plans to go with the rcx lift toward the end of this month.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No blocks on these bad boys ..have girly coil springs lol..U sure it wasn't leaning before the lift? most that have the lean have it even when stock. just more noticeable once lifted. But that's a lot of lean

OP
OP
C

catchesbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never noticed any lean before the install. I bought the truck and had the lift done about a month later. I went through the dealer but RC can't seem to find their invoice so that makes the warranty invalid. The dealer farmed the job out to another shop and RC can't find any info on them either. I think I might be screwed. I can't believe I have to get a spacer. I don't know if I need to get the 1" or a 3/4". The sag is maybe just a tad shy of one inch. RC has a 60 guarantee. Maybe I can just get a new lift and return this one.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's bs on the warranty man..should warranty it..You want see the spacer though..just get a top mount one

OP
OP
C

catchesbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's probably what I'm gonna have to end up doing. I just can't believe that I have to buy a set of spacers because the truck leans after spending $1400 on a lift.

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya they need to warranty it for you, regardless of if they can't track any paper work down.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They will warranty it..just gotta be a little more aggressive haha

OP
OP
C

catchesbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did post the pic on their Facebook page. Maybe they'll see that and contact me. But I'm not holding my breath.

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
they also have a thread on this webpage, its towards the bottom with everyone else. I would through it on there and hit the sponsor up and see if they can do anything for you.

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i don't understand how that sits that way, you swapped coils and the same thing. can you get some pics of that underneath there? something don't add up, if the sway switched with the changing of coils, then it's your springs, but you tried that and no dice.. but i got a feeling something is nothing right there or you got the wrong links in the back or something. looking at my parts here and i don't see how the hell that is possible unless someone installed something wrong...it's like the driver side link is too short?

jimdd810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rc should cover that no matter who installed it. There has to be a defect in the lift that would cause that kind of lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATOM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
we need pics man! you got a wrong bracket or it's installer error, i'd bet money on it.