Any Long Island brothers here?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newyork104104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to level my 2012 ram 1500 sport with bilstein 5100 and was wondering if anyone can recommend a shop that will do this?

I went to speedworld in baldwin and said he never heard of this.... I also went to a local shop and they didn't hear of this either!
Both just recommended level kits...

Thanks for any info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not up there but I've still got family on the Island. Wish I knew of a shop to recommend.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just tell them they don't need to have heard of anything. If they're real mechanics that can swap struts out.. Then they can do it. Either you're making it sound like some kind of special part, or they're incompetent.

Youtube it.

IMO

Stewi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on Long Island. I did mine myself in a few hours in my driveway but I have a lot of mechincal experience.

The Truck Shop in Sayville can do this. They specialize in full size trucks. I brought my truck to them for an alignment after my install.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The truck shop right here in sayville (my home town) does it. Theres also RMS in bohemia that does really good work as well. Both shops' mechanics' are all runnin bils in all their vehicles so not only will they know what youre talking about, theyll also probably have them in stock

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also went to the truck shop in Sayville about 6 months ago and got quotes for bilsteins, wheels and tires and they were very helpful and gave me quotes for everything. I just went to RMS in Bohemia to see if they would install my light bar and when I asked him to give me a price for install for the bilsteins he told me he would NOT do it because it would ruin my truck in the long run so you can count them out.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
any shop competent enough to swap struts and do an alignment on a 4x4 truck can tackle this. theres nothing to it. you just have to understand that not everybody is familiar with leveling kits/shocks (especially the bilsteins) and may not exactly understand what you mean when you first mention it. with that said, i do my own work but take my truck to guelfi's in islip for the alignment. probably one of the best alignment shops on the island. they also do regular mechanical work as well so you may want to ask them. im sure they could handle everything for you.

OP
OP
Newyork104104

Newyork104104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah you hit it on the nail Danny! I'll keep looking around till someone is comfortable and understands it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bellmore towing company, in bellmore just installed mine on my 2015. Let me know if you need a shop number