Any problems with rancho quicklifts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Im going to level out my ram... Or hopefully have a little rake after. I had bilsteind on my 13 f150 and wasn't a huge fan. They were great on pavement, as long as you didnt hit any speed bumps, awsome on the highway, but terrible on dirt roads or anything with pot holes. I think i will do quicklifts this time, especially since i have an extended warranty and can very easily switch back if i need to for warranty issues.. I am going to get ucas as well.. Is anyone having issues with the quick lifts? Pros/cons.. If i only get an 1.5" lift i am more than happy with that..
Thanks

OP
OP
clays laramie

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
any control arms between the mevotech and zones??

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Zones are alot more heavy duty, easily replaceable common balljoint, they are actually designed to correct the geometry of the suspension when using leveling kits where as mevotechs are just aftermarket replacements for stock, they are more heavy duty then stock with better ball joint retention

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a little under 2" of lift with the QLs. still have about 1" of rake which is exactly what I wanted. I installed them Memorial Day weekend last year and have put about 7000 miles on them. They ride just like stock and seem to be holding up really well. Haven't done any off roading with my truck so I can't say how they do there. Overall I'm pretty happy with them.

I'm still running the stock UCAs with them and the ball joints are fine. I actually checked them yesterday and they were still seated correctly.

Installation is a breeze too. Pull the stock shocks out, put the QLs in, get an alignment.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am swapping mine out for Bilsteins this coming weekend, installing Mevotechs as well. The ride was great with the Ranchos, but I wanted more than 1.5" of lift. Too much rake with my 1.5" rear spacers. I'll take some before and after pics and measurements.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The thing about Ranchos is the lift seems to vary...

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The thing about Ranchos is the lift seems to vary...

Yea I still don't understand that. I did gain around 2.5" after I first installed them but after a day or 2 they had settled down to 1.5". I figured the people who were seeing over 2" with them just hadn't let them settle in completely before measuring, but then there are some folks who still claim over 2" after having them on for several months so who knows. Some people had suggested trying different settings so I went from 4 up to 7 but that made no difference in the ride height.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea I still don't understand that. I did gain around 2.5" after I first installed them but after a day or 2 they had settled down to 1.5". I figured the people who were seeing over 2" with them just hadn't let them settle in completely before measuring, but then there are some folks who still claim over 2" after having them on for several months so who knows. Some people had suggested trying different settings so I went from 4 up to 7 but that made no difference in the ride height.

Yeah I tried the different settings and no difference in height.

I found mine settled a bit after I got an alignment. Still even after that it was just under 2" of lift. Measured it again in February and it was about the same.

My biggest question is how long are they going to last compared to Bils