Any tips,tricks or insight would be great!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
On Saturday 6/10 I will be installing a 6" Superlift on my '10 Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4, with the help of my brother in law.

I also bought all new pads&rotors as well as Mevotech UCA's. I have decided not to use the Bilsteins in the front, but will be using in the rear, rather I will put the strut spacer onto my Rancho QuickLift Struts. (reasoning is long and off topic).

So to any of you have lifted your truck, PLEASE share any tips, tricks etc. I plan to write the notes/tips etc on sticky notes and attach to instructions...so I don't forget!

I am trying to ask in advance so I can be prepared with any tools, materials etc... to make the install as smooth and efficient as possible.

Thanks so much

Miki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The upper shock mounting bolts at the rear can be a pain to undo. A crow foot wrench works good

OP
OP
Icejob8

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No, I will be using Rancho QuickLift Struts in the front with the spacers. They are similar to a Rancho, sort of. They are a preloaded strut that levels the truck, they are adjustable for ride stiffness but not height. I will be using the spacer on top of them.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I have a 2011 1500, When I did the front shocks, I couldn't get the top nut off because the shaft would spin. I had to cut the shaft of the shock itself with a sawzaw. From there I needed a vice to hold the shaft than I could spin the nut off. I used Bilstein 5100's though. I needed the bottom spring perch and top mounting cover. Idk if the Ranchos are a complete spring and shock combo? But if you need to do what I did be sure to have a vice handy or even a good pair of vice grips may work.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
And knee pads if you don't have a lift.
My knees are all busted up from all the in and outs from going under the truck. And i was wearing pants! Lol.

OP
OP
Icejob8

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
And knee pads if you don't have a lift.
My knees are all busted up from all the in and outs from going under the truck. And i was wearing pants! Lol.

I have a few "wrestling mats" I normally use, it's definitely a good thought!!! It's nice to have a few mats laid out to kneel, lay on etc.

Good call on that one, hopefully others will read through this and find ways to make thier install easier as well!!

Keep the info coming, thanks!

OP
OP
Icejob8

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Starting the lift today. It's been a rough go. Not one nut or bolt wanted to come out, everything has been a struggle but we're getting there!!!

The next step is removing the front differential. I don't even see how to get to all the bolts.

Can someone please help with info on how to get it out of a '10 Sport 4x4???

Pictures would be great
Thanks