Anybody tried these Ranchos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found these while poking around Amazon. Are these just an expensive version of Bils because the spring is part of the set up and it just bolts right on?

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Attachment

2.5"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 80

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I considered them because I would install them myself. The people that have them love them, nice ride. After my research, I decided I wanted the vertical adjustability over the ride adjustability, at the time I thought they would work better with future "real lift".

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
yes, typically I see people who bought them like them..they are also the same people who whine about compressing the springs.. put two sets of spring compressors on for extra security. you can rent them for free from the zone

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have them on my truck and I love them. They ride just like stock and install is really easy. I went with them because I hate messing around with spring compressors. Gave me about 2" of lift which is what I wanted.

I got them from Amazon which is the best price I could find.

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx for the input

I didn't know they don't have height adjustability. It doesn't make that clear. It mentions multiple different heights. Maybe you buy the height you want by the part number. No adjusting after. They said it goes up to 2.5". Was the 2" mentioned the largest lift?

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you been on the Rancho website? It very clearly states 2" lift. Never trust Amazon for specifics.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't know they don't have height adjustability. It doesn't make that clear. It mentions multiple different heights. Maybe you buy the height you want by the part number. No adjusting after. They said it goes up to 2.5". Was the 2" mentioned the largest lift?
The Ranchos are a 2" lift only. No hight adjustment. They have a ride adjustment knob on them that's makes them ride marginally softer or stiffer. I put mine in the middle.
pretty sure that price listed is for 1 strut too
Yeah it's for one shock. Cost me about $315 shipped for both.

One other thing to note is there's a left and right shock. From what I can tell the only difference between them is the placement of the adjustment knob so they both face forward and are accessible.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
The Ranchos are a 2" lift only. No hight adjustment. They have a ride adjustment knob on them that's makes them ride marginally softer or stiffer. I put mine in the middle.

Yeah it's for one shock. Cost me about $315 shipped for both.

One other thing to note is there's a left and right shock. From what I can tell the only difference between them is the placement of the adjustment knob so they both face forward and are accessible.

good info

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ranchos ride great and they're easy to install. In my case, they didn't give enough lift to make me happy, so I wound up removing them and going with Bilsteins at 2.8". I got less than 1.5" of lift from the Rancho Quick Lifts, my front fender heights went from the stock 36.5-37" to roughly 38" (with stock tires/wheels). With Bils they're over 39".

OP
OP
F

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great info. Thanks.