Anyone have a Kelderman Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is anyone running a Kelderman air lift? I recently caught a tv show that used a 10-12" lift on a Ram and when pulling into the garage you can lower the truck to only a 4" lift. They appear to be extremely expensive, but super convenient. I have a 7' garage door and the thought of having the ability to have a 6-8" lift that still fits when reduced to 4" is pretty awesome. If anyone is running one I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive seen a few and the kits are BUILT! I work at a Ford dealer and have seen several over the past 5 or 6 years. The kits are stout, the company usually makes parts for heavy duty farm style equipment.

Only problem is I think they only make full kits for the 3/4 ton and larger trucks? Its what I want for my truck but I cant find anyone that makes a full air ride setup for our 1/2 ton. When I search I only find the stock system.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive seen a few and the kits are BUILT! I work at a Ford dealer and have seen several over the past 5 or 6 years. The kits are stout, the company usually makes parts for heavy duty farm style equipment.

Only problem is I think they only make full kits for the 3/4 ton and larger trucks? Its what I want for my truck but I cant find anyone that makes a full air ride setup for our 1/2 ton. When I search I only find the stock system.

Yeah, I was super impressed with what I saw and have been reading about them elsewhere. It is unfortunate that they only offer 3/4 ton or higher kits. I'm sure that has to do with the weight of the kit and space needed to make it work. I am now getting the itch to drive my truck another year or two and then sell it and get a 2500 just to do this. I can't get over the convenience factor with parking. It also would make getting in and out of the truck lifted past 4" so easy. I currently have a 4" with Amp Power steps and it's about the perfect height to comfortably get in and out of. It does look like just parts to do this is like $7000 plus the cost of install...which I'm sure is absurd due to the major changes that have to be made. I'm sure I'd also have to find a shop that has installed them previously since I bet there are a lot of things that can get messed up by someone with zero experience.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In some cases you get what you pay for. These systems are from what Ive seen in person are built like a tank.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In some cases you get what you pay for. These systems are from what Ive seen in person are built like a tank.

Oh for sure, I'm not complaining about the price, it's high though haha. I'm sure the kits last longer my enough to transfer vehicle to vehicle too.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
it doesnt have much to do with that... they don't make products for independent suspensions. Example, they do not make a front kit for 2500/3500HD GM trucks.

they do make a rear kit for ram 1500s, at least they can make it because ive talked to them about it in the past. They can make a rear kit for any truck I assume,

But without getting into a complex discussion, you cant really use adjustable air suspension in an IFS application. The driveline angles (CVs, Tie Rods, BJs, etc) don't allow for 10 inches of travel like you get with a solid axle. If you notice the factory air ride suspension on the ram 1500s only adjust +/- 2".

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it doesnt have much to do with that... they don't make products for independent suspensions. Example, they do not make a front kit for 2500/3500HD GM trucks.

they do make a rear kit for ram 1500s, at least they can make it because ive talked to them about it in the past. They can make a rear kit for any truck I assume,

But without getting into a complex discussion, you cant really use adjustable air suspension in an IFS application. The driveline angles (CVs, Tie Rods, BJs, etc) don't allow for 10 inches of travel like you get with a solid axle. If you notice the factory air ride suspension on the ram 1500s only adjust +/- 2".

That makes more sense, I just threw space and weight out there haha.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Its similar to a bagged truck, you can do it, but you don't get the flexibility you would get in a solid axle truck. I mean some of the bagged trucks do get a lot of travel, I suppose you could get really fancy with things and squeeze out some travel but it would be a lot of work. With the solid axle trucks, the caster will change some due to the arms moving but its nothing like the issues you get in a IFS situation.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
The Kelderman kits are amazing for sure. There's other companies out there building similar kits such as Ultimate Air. But the price isn't cheap by any means. The $7390 price tag for the front and rear 8-10" kit doesn't account for the actual air system (compressors, tanks, controllers, etc). For a good air system to go with it you'd be looking at another $3000 or so.

Ultimate Air Rides kit is actually better in the sense that they provide super long control arms front and rear to reduce the amount of alignment change when changing the ride height. Travis Dodd (the owner of nastytrucksnation on instagram if you have it) is running a full Ultimate Air kit on his Denali HD and it's a really slick setup. There are a couple Ram's running it as well. mr.ted26's on instagram recently sold his truck that had an Ultimate Air setup on it and there's a matte black one around with gold powder coated suspension that has it as well but I forget the name of that guy.