anyone ok with 2 inch spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frachr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
I know everyone says get bils or rancho or whatever. I realize they are likely the better way to go. I know that 2.5 inch spacers appear to often cause issue but is there anyone out there that is happy and had no issues with a 2 inch strut spacer. Considering my truck does not do any hard core offroading. I reakky just want the nose up a bit, not even fully level.

Based on what i see in these forums no one has ever had a good experience with spacers yet there are tons of them on the market so i find it hard to beleive they are that bad.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
It is a real cheap way to go.
watch your upper ball joints should be the only real pronlem.

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know everyone says get bils or rancho or whatever. I realize they are likely the better way to go. I know that 2.5 inch spacers appear to often cause issue but is there anyone out there that is happy and had no issues with a 2 inch strut spacer. Considering my truck does not do any hard core offroading. I reakky just want the nose up a bit, not even fully level.

Based on what i see in these forums no one has ever had a good experience with spacers yet there are tons of them on the market so i find it hard to beleive they are that bad.
it's cheap but I use them. I do go offroading and I do have a ranch style big bumper and I have no issues with the cheap way I put them on at around 40k miles and still on at 198k miles

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Camblanton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
been thinking about this myself. but better to me to spend the little bit of extra money to get the Maxtrac lift coils and shocks. It just seems to make sense. not much more and will give you better results in the end.

HTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
When I called around, every single shop in my area uses simple $100 spacers to level unless the bils we're specifically requested. Im not an expert myself, I was just surprised that many of them felt that the Bils were unnecessary unless the ride quality was a concern. They stated that spacers would be fine. With that said, they also unanimously agreed that 2.5" was an absolute max due to the change of angles to several joints.

Again I'm not an expert, I'm just repeating what I was told by experienced off-road shops.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have 2" steel spacers in my '14 and have zero issues at 37,000 mi. Made my truck level and installed 275/65/20 tires. Rotate tires every 5,000 mi and check balljoints thoroughly every time. No noises or vibrations.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i had 2" spacers on my 2011 with no issues. the uca on the newer trucks is not as robust and more often than not the ball joints pop with spacers which i think I remember there being a TSB stating that if there are spacers found that it would not be covered under warranty.

Due to the design of the bilstein adjustables it retains factory extension of the suspension and lessens the chance of the ball joint popping.

If you go with spacers its not a bad idea to replace the UCA with a more robust aftermarket one while the front end is already torn apart

Trykonkid11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had them on an 06, 11 and 14. When doing light off roading, if you extend the shock all the way, the shock will leak from the seals. All three did it to me. I went with the Blis now on my 14.
If you want the spacers I have you are welcome to have them, were on my truck for 3500 miles. Lmk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do you have to use spring compressors to install the 2 inch spacers?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I have 2" steel spacers in my '14 and have zero issues at 37,000 mi. Made my truck level and installed 275/65/20 tires. Rotate tires every 5,000 mi and check balljoints thoroughly every time. No noises or vibrations.

Spacers alone made your truck level? I may toss on 2in on top of my offset (-24) but I definitely don't want to raise the front end anymore. LOL

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of companies are now offering new UCA’s with their puck spacers because of ball joint issues with these trucks. If you want to go cheap, go with Bilsteins at the very least.