Anyone runninng fox shocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone running the fox shocks 2.0 smooth series for a 2wd ram?

I dont know if i should change from bilsteins to foxs need some feed back.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't quite recommend them just yet... and I have a 4x4 so our front shocks are different, but our rears should be the same.

I have a set of the Fox shocks sitting waiting to be installed and I was not expecting the build quality to be as good as they are! And I was also shocked (no pun intended) as to how light the rear shocks are in terms of weight. Which is probably an good thing if you think about it. The shock body all the way down to where the bolt goes through to mount it is a single piece of aluminum. Very nice I thought!

I might try and do the rear shocks tomorrow night since its a lot easier than doing the front on the 4x4. I'll save the fronts for the weekend.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone running the fox shocks 2.0 smooth series for a 2wd ram?

I dont know if i should change from bilsteins to foxs need some feed back.

The thought has crossed my mind as well. I always figured they probably would not be that different from the Bilsteins though.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
The thought has crossed my mind as well. I always figured they probably would not be that different from the Bilsteins though.

Front 2.0 Fox performs better than Bilsteins off the road, on the road bilstiens better. The rear shocks as well. But you want smooth ride on the road the BILS shocks.

bang0062

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had both, in my honest opinion, don't waste your money on the fox's unless you plan on using the truck in rough terrain a lot! I would stick with bils if I could do it all over. There is also a teeter at times when coming to a stop due to the added spring height.

I also have a 4x4 so I am not sure of the difference between mine and the 2wd would be.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was about to order a set of four fox 2.0s for my 4wd but this thread has me questioning my decision.

bang0062

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, for the cost of the fox shocks you can get a 4" zone lift kit for an extra $300. Add $185 for bills up front clicked up a notch and you'll like that package a lot more! If your into a true lift.

Cost from my local guy in MN is almost identical for lift than shocks all the way around ($300 more for lift). Just wanted to put that out there as an option if your open to a lift. A shop may give you a deal like mine.