Ball joint issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spearsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Hey guys so I leveled my truck up today and it looks great but I have a concern that I would like some advice on. So I have a brand new 2017 express. so while doing the passenger side I could not get the steering knuckle to come off the upper ball joint and it was a huge pita. I was banging it with a ball peen hammer and nothing. I used a pickle fork and was able to get it off... upon getting it off I noticed that I had knicked the boot in a couple places and caused a couple small tears. It's definitely not mangled or anything but they are there. My question is did I **** up big time? Anyone else have this issue? And what should I do from here? Thanks in advance!

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can replace the boot. I did the same on one of my UCAs when it was stubborn too. You'll be fine.

OP
OP
Spearsy

Spearsy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
So here's a picture of the passenger side upper ball joint. I only have 3000 miles on the truck so I'm sure the ball joint itself is good to go but obviously the boot is not seated right and the seal seems pretty jacked (I'm not a mechanic and my car knowledge is limited). I have searched all over for just a replacement boot but have not had any luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction or shed some light on what I'm dealing with/need to do?

Attachments

• IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 38