Best leveling kit -mild off road duty - 2015 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
guys,
which do you think is the best leveling kit out there for mild off road duty?. the most i will be doing is some beach driving and some camping in unimproved camping areas. ive seen the spacer types and also the Bilstein adjustable shocks. just looking to raise the truck a little and level it out. making room for 35" tires in the future...

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've had spacers on 2 trucks now without issues. However Bilsteins are what I'll use on my next one. Bils get my vote

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I Put bilstiens on my 13 ford f150 fx4 luxury screwcab & those are the biggest pos' I've ever seen,they actually made my truck ride like pure dog chit far worse then stock & that was with factory tires /wheels so those can't be blamed & i had the dealer install them as well.Just because there other products are good doesn't mean these are & it was definitely the fronts that threw it off course as the rear shocks may have been just a tiny bit better then stock but when i added those fronts it rode like crap & i would definitely NOT even recommend them to my worst enemy.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It takes just a few minutes to research here to see that many guys have tons of miles on their Bils. If they sucked on your Ford, maybe it was Ford's fault. Buy what you want, the Bils are proven to work as advertised, and ride great...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I Put bilstiens on my 13 ford f150 fx4 luxury screwcab & those are the biggest pos' I've ever seen,they actually made my truck ride like pure dog chit far worse then stock & that was with factory tires /wheels so those can't be blamed & i had the dealer install them as well.Just because there other products are good doesn't mean these are & it was definitely the fronts that threw it off course as the rear shocks may have been just a tiny bit better then stock but when i added those fronts it rode like crap & i would definitely NOT even recommend them to my worst enemy.
Problem #1 it was a Ford
Problem #2 ford dealer installed
Problems #3 though #47 = ford

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go with the Bilsteins, measure how much rake you actually have , set the bills accordingly.
If you set to the top ring and your concerned about the UCA Ball joints install Mevotech UCA'S from Rock Auto . Enjoy !

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
guys,
which do you think is the best leveling kit out there for mild off road duty?. the most i will be doing is some beach driving and some camping in unimproved camping areas. ive seen the spacer types and also the Bilstein adjustable shocks. just looking to raise the truck a little and level it out. making room for 35" tires in the future...

It's tough to beat the low cost of a 2" level, especially if you are doing light duty off road. Now if you want to add some aftermarket shocks in the future (after the level) you can

Medic4302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the HBS 2 inch spacer, and Mevotech UCAs today. Went from 3" rake to exactly 1", so theyre exactly as advertised. Dont forget the 1/8 plate. I did and had to do it all over again (well, one side). Needs an alignment bad, but other than that its an easy upgrade, and looks much better. Time will tell.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the HBS 2 inch spacer, and Mevotech UCAs today. Went from 3" rake to exactly 1", so theyre exactly as advertised. Dont forget the 1/8 plate. I did and had to do it all over again (well, one side). Needs an alignment bad, but other than that its an easy upgrade, and looks much better. Time will tell.
Pictures or it did not happen ! LOL !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mevotecs are nice !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I painted my Mevotecs with VHT Roll Bar and Chassis heat resistant paint - no primer required per instructions.

b4b240924869bc85da92dc3356be8f71.jpg

Then I removed the OEM UCA'S

0802e8d90be8ea5b3533b1c839329d2e.jpg

I then installed my New & Painted Mevotecs with Bilsteins set @ + 2.8 " for my Level .
The UCA'S are not required ; however, I installed them for $$ cheep insurance , ( APROX $80. Plus shipping from www.rockauto.com ) due to some having Balljoint issues with a level on 2013 + RAMS .

0d18acaf8f58f37c161c5ddfd9fb017a.jpg

Oh , and the Bilsteins improve the ride !
I personally thought the ride on my truck was Great ! Now with the bills I think it's FANTASTIC ! A noticeable upgrade !