Best Way to Level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As the title says, I am looking to level my 14 Regular Cab Express.

I have looked at the Rough country level, Tough Country level, and the bilstein deal.

I am not really sure what will be the best route, and if it is the shocks, is anything else needed or is it just swapping out the shock and calling it a day? I dont plan to keep the truck longer then a couple years.

I have looked on here and it seems to be in the air as to what people do.

This is the rough country I was looking at. I know it says it is a 2.5" lift, but to me it seems more like a level.
http://www.roughcountry.com/dodge-suspension-lift-kit-358.html

Also, any pics of the RC leveled?

Last edited:

FISH ON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm taking off my spacers tomorrow that I've had for 1 month. I should have listened to the responses on here and not the reviews. Bilstien 5100's go on tomorrow.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed Bilstein 5100's front and rear fronts set at 2.1 over a year ago and love them. Great ride no vibration no issues.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So with the bils do you have to do the whole truck? Or can I just do the front?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I did the Tuff Country 2" spacer level on the front of my '07 MegaCab and put almost 140K on that truck with it installed. No problems whatsoever and the ride stayed pretty much the same.

I put a similar kit on my '14 2500 CC about 8K miles ago and am very happy with it. I noticed a bit of a steering geometry change and with this kit I relocated the lower shock bracket. Again, the ride is pretty much the same as stock.

I think one determining factor to seriously consider is whether or not you are leveling a 1500 suspension vs. a 2500/3500 suspension. In my opinion, and I may be wrong, Bils on a 1500 is the way to go and a spacer on a 2500 is the way to go. Just an opinion but it seems to work.

The concern I would have with a 1500 and adjustable shocks is how much height you want to dial in due to the known issue with UCA failure.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did the Tuff Country 2" spacer level on the front of my '07 MegaCab and put almost 140K on that truck with it installed. No problems whatsoever and the ride stayed pretty much the same.

I put a similar kit on my '14 2500 CC about 8K miles ago and am very happy with it. I noticed a bit of a steering geometry change and with this kit I relocated the lower shock bracket. Again, the ride is pretty much the same as stock.

I think one determining factor to seriously consider is whether or not you are leveling a 1500 suspension vs. a 2500/3500 suspension. In my opinion, and I may be wrong, Bils on a 1500 is the way to go and a spacer on a 2500 is the way to go. Just an opinion but it seems to work.

The concern I would have with a 1500 and adjustable shocks is how much height you want to dial in due to the known issue with UCA failure.

This is the tuff country lift I was looking at. Has downward travel bump stops also, which I kind of like to help the over travel issue.

Tuff Country® - Dodge Ram 4WD (Four Wheel Drive) 2014-2015 Body Lift Kit

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn