Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks verus Coil Spacer Reviewed Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That is per shock for sure, you wont get 2 for 110, I think a couple vendors here sell them, give them a look.

Dema

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep getting lost here. Let me see if I get this right. OK. Y'all correct me if I'm wrong. Which I usually am. Lol.

1500 trucks can use just the 5100's
Where the 2500's can use both at the same time, the Bilstein 5100's and the coilspring leveling blocks.

Or am I just all messed up with this. Lol.

I don't believe the 5100s are adjustable on the 2500s. I could be wrong maybe someone will chime in.

Dema

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably just the longer shock with the level instead of using a shock extension. That's what 5100s were on my Chevy.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
They are. They have setting you can adjust them all the way up to +2.8" to the normal height.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) via taptalk...

BMD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 x1 and 2014 x2
Engine
Hemi
What about the rancho loaded? How does it compare to the others?

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea everywhere I look it's about $100-$110. I didn't know if that was each or for pair

Sent from the MOPAR gods!

You need to buy two. So approx. 200-220 dollars for the front shocks. I plan on swapping over to bilsteins myself this year.

Appauldd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Bilsteins came in today. Full set.

Question for the masses....did your fronts come with boots like the rears?

Mine did not.

HMM

Oh and I am absolutely against level spacers. I've had them for about a year now and the squeaking has about driven me nuts. Thankfully, I do not have any ball joint damage.

Paul

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mine has a boot for the section that attaches to the top.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wow, I picked the right shop. So because of the CV Boot either being busted because of angle or mechanic error, Les Shuab is replacing the axle shaft, dropping the level to second position, and realigning it. They have to replace the entire shaft and both boots because they cannot just order the CV Boot. So bottom line, I love this level but highly recommend the second position as opposed to the first position. I will update in a week when they can fix it on how it is driving on the second position. I probably will have some rake in it, maybe an inch, but this is way better then the coil spacer.

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, after reading about these 5100 adjustable shocks I want to get them as well. When I use their site to locate a dealer nearby nothing comes up.

BMD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 x1 and 2014 x2
Engine
Hemi
Ok, after reading about these 5100 adjustable shocks I want to get them as well. When I use their site to locate a dealer nearby nothing comes up.

Back ordered so I went with the rancho loaded quick lifft and that ride is great and no issues with 35" tires

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got my 5100's up here in Canada with no backorder issues at all. My parts guy did have to order them from out of town but they were in the next day.
Anyway, Thanks Burla for this thread, and for showing us your results. I'm sure you have helped a lot of people make the right decision, when it comes to levelling their rigs....Just like you helped a lot of people make the right choice on which oil to use in their Rams, myself included.

BMD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 x1 and 2014 x2
Engine
Hemi
I got my 5100's up here in Canada with no backorder issues at all. My parts guy did have to order them from out of town but they were in the next day.
Anyway, Thanks Burla for this thread, and for showing us your results. I'm sure you have helped a lot of people make the right decision, when it comes to levelling their rigs....Just like you helped a lot of people make the right choice on which oil to use in their Rams, myself included.

Which oil y'all running?

Ruffrider13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Where did you order these from?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Which oil y'all running?

Check out synthetic oil thread below. Redline is what I run, Penzoil oil another great choice, Amsoil, Motul, are all top shelf oils. Bottom line is there are real differences in oils, they are not the same. The hemi requires 5w20 which is really thin, and other factors like common lifter issues makes for a good argument to spend extra for a group 5 or 4 oil. More info on syn thread such as additives that benefit the hemi as well.

gumbellion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at levelling with a kit but am now converted and know that the blistens are woth the extra. Even if just to keep my ride more comfy.
Does anyone know who/where has the best price on the kit shipped? I can get them either in Canada or USA, but will need shipping regardless due to location.
I am assuming, but correct me if i am wrong I will be ordering 2 adjustable and 2 of the basic 5100s. Adujustable up front, plain 5100s for the rear.
Also if I order from different places or they come at different times is there any issue with having the adjustables on the front with the rear stock for a while?
Thanks