Bilstein and actual warranty claims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Has anyone had an actual denial of warranty claim due to the install of the shocks? Local guy says any aftermarket part can be terms for denial.

Trying to decide if my ram with 16,500 miles that has 100,000 mile warranty is worth installing the shocks with the possibility of messing up a claim.

I do not like how it sits now with the major rake, and want bigger tires but that's a lot of miles left (and what's the point doing it after 100,000).

Thank you and be easy on the newbie 1st time Ram owner[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would say you should be ok. I used to have a lifted ranger on 35s and the dealership still honored my warranty even when I had cv joints fail and wheel bearings go bad. I honestly wouldn't think a set of shocks would void our warranties.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Call the dealer and ask What the shocks would void. If they void anything at all.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
They have to find proof that whatever parts would be covered on the claim failed because of the modified work. So if you have Bilsteins on your truck and you get a loose manifold bolt, good luck to them connecting that. If you have an issue with a suspension component, you might find them giving you a hard time. It depends on the dealer as well. Try to find a dealer that is off road friendly. Good thing is, a lot of Mopar dealers are OK with stuff as long as its not ridiculous. At least in my experience.

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Dealer said there is a change in the pitch of the driveshaft...says it cover if failed at 35,000 miles but at 80,000 miles won't because the shocks caused a changed over a long period of time. Sound legit? What do shocks impact - I just thought it was ball joints - arms - and springs.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you talking about 5100s up front? Some of the mopar lift kits use 5100s so you could always make the argument that you use them with your lifts so why would they not cover them now.

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Yes just adding 5100 to front setting them at 2.1

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I see ball joint and CV joint wear as the most common things affected by lifted coilovers. I can see someone trying to deny a claim based on that. But as stated above, the best advise is to ask YOUR dealer.

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
I see ball joint and CV joint wear as the most common things affected by lifted coilovers. I can see someone trying to deny a claim based on that. But as stated above, the best advise is to ask YOUR dealer.

What would be an estimated cost of those repairs be possibly ? Any idea ?

I guess there is no point in leveling it until the good years are ready to be replaced.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you really want it leveled, and do not wanna wait for your warranty to expire, you can have the dealer do it. The MOPAR kit includes Bilstein shocks. Its pricey, almost $1k. That's just the kit, not including install. It comes with 4 shocks, new rear coil springs, and nothing else too major to justify the high price tag don't think. Bump stops, stabilizer drop brackets, junk like that.
Its way over priced. But its a mopar kit, so it will not void your warranty.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I leveled mine with 5100s at 3k miles and installed 35s. When I bought my truck I told them I wanted 3.92s and they joked and asked if I was putting bigger tires on it. So I asked how they felt about leveling kits and they said they don't care one bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334