Bilstein install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How many hours should I anticipate to pay to get Bil 5100s put on the front of my 2016 Sport?

They cost around $100-$120 each. But the quotes I get in South Georgia are all over the place. Kind of makes me believe the places I have contact do not do it routinely. Be nice to find a place I can trust.

OTD has ranged from $550 to $760.

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Although install was slightly more expensive than a few other places I went with 4Wheel Parts because I felt I could trust them as Bilsteins are a very common install for them. They were very professional and the truck rides great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Too far from Savannah for me, maybe.

My lifted truck freak friend tells me not to get anything worked on in Savannah. Tells me to drive to Jacksonville, ha ha. I have let Harley guys work on my bike and the customer service and expertise is lacking big time. Harley tech red lock tight the acorn nut on my tank. When I tried to remove the acorn the carriage bolt just spun. The service guy tried to blame me. I did not care that much figured I would just cut it off needed but then it dawned on my that eventually I would need to get the fuel filter out. So I told the store owner and she had them correct it. Thats when they discovered the red lock tight from when the tech put it together after a tank replacement. For me its like that with anything technical here.

The one place I was told was good my buddy went there to get his F150 leveled and some 35s. They rubbed so bad it was stupid. Wheels clearly had wrong offset. They just kept cutting away at the truck trying to make room. Eventually he just had them put a 4" lift on it.

I have contacted four places that say they lift trucks but when I ask them about putting Bils on they say they do it but if I ask a any questions they really can not answer. I do not think Bils have caught on a whole lot in S Georgia yet. They tell me to just put a Rancho Strut on, which is easier for them.

I think this area lacks competition so people pay high dollar for mediocre work. My lifted truck freak friend told me before I got down here, "The problem with living in Savannah as far as anything technical goes is you are forced to lower your expectations" regrettably it seems true. Evan trying to buy a new Ram here was ridiculous, I did better just calling a dealer in SC and having them bring me a truck compared to any thing reasonable I could find in this area.

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed mine myself in about 4 hrs with jackstands on the floor , I also rotated my tires at the same time .

I had never done a bilstien install before , I'm a mechanic by trade just not automotive.

I'd say a competent shop with a lift should be able to knock this out in 3 hrs or less , I know I could with a lift .

If your mechanically inclined I'd consider just doing it yourself , maybe recruit your " lifted truck freak friend " or just a mechanically inclined buddy .

Here's a link to my install , I've added a few tips and a video .
Hope this helps !

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=1206420

You don't have to replace the ucas as I did .

Last edited:

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had mine done on my 2016 sport. It only took them two hours. Cost was 200.

cmznj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took me 1 1/2 hours the first side an hour the other side. A shop should be about 2 hours but youll need an alignment also.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I literally went out and bought a wrench/socket set and air gun to do mine on my own. Absolutely no background in mechanical work but I wanted to start doing my own work and have my own tools so I figured it couldn't be too hard.

Took me about 3.5 hours to replace all 4 corners with a friend and it was pretty easy. Take a weekend, look up a YouTube video and do it yourself.

After I was done I brought it to my local shop for an alignment and told them what I did and asked them to just look it over for any obvious mistakes but they said everything looked fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Paid $490 struts/install/alignment here in AZ at DesertRat4x4

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are willing to come to Jacksonville I know of 2 good shops that can hook you up. I live in kingsland on the ga fl line and I have to go to max if I need stuff done like this. I don't like people touching my truck and I normally do all the work myself. However if I need help with stuff like this I use Dixie land off road and 4 wheel parts. I have buddies that work at both and they have some killer techs that know what they are doing and treat your truck like it's there's.