Bilstein install quote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Its an option, im more than capable of doing the job just dont have the time right now

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't know your schedule, but once it's in the air and the wheels are off... You're looking at 2 hrs max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used a punch and a hammer... It was a little tuff. I also disconnected the uca first.

Yup. Tried that. Also tried compressing the spring and using a jack to loosen the pressure off the bolt and it wouldn't budge. I was hoping it was just some stupid error on my part so that I can get back to it.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered mine from Jet.com as well and paid $152 for them. How'd you get them for $141?? Lol!

Adam
Not sure what the difference is for the price. May be just the location. My total was $144. The price per shock was originally 86.95. When I ordered 2, it took off a couple more dollars. Then added the 15% discount and it took off another $25 or so.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To the OP, that quote doesn't sound too bad for everything. I was quoted $448 for everything earlier this week at 4 Wheel Parts. I think I got a slight discount, so they said, because my cousin is friends with the owner of our local shop. Originally, I thought it was high. But, after thinking about it, doesn't sound too bad. They also said they needed to add UCA, or they couldn't do the install. I tried explaining the reasoning behind it, but they weren't really listening. Their computer system wouldn't let them enter the work because the UCA notice popped up in their system.

With that being said, I'm going to try and do the install myself (with another set of hands) and save my money. I've done a lift kit before on a Land Rover, so I know the basics of suspension. I just gotta find the time to do it, and someone to help me. Wish you guys were close... we could have a "shop day" at someone's house and knock out a few installs at once.

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this probably doesn't go here. I ordered my bils last Thursday off of jet.com cause it was the best price. Been tracking them since. I got it Friday saying it would be delivered Monday January 11th the tracking still says in transit from Kentucky. Also says 2 day priority. I think is been more than 2 days. I hate usps.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I ordered mine, the shipping said 2-5 days depending on where they were shipped from. Luckily, mine shipped from Dallas, TX, which is only 4 hrs away. Got them on the second day.

Give them another day or so... they'll show up. I've had mine for about a week and they are still in the box... if that helps. I haven't got to enjoy them yet.

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup. Tried that. Also tried compressing the spring and using a jack to loosen the pressure off the bolt and it wouldn't budge. I was hoping it was just some stupid error on my part so that I can get back to it.

When going back together, I recommend putting antiseize on the part of that lower bolt, where it passes through the bushing. Avoid getting antiseize on the bolt threads. I have herd of others having problems with getting that bolt out, it seems rust is the issue.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When going back together, I recommend putting antiseize on the part of that lower bolt, where it passes through the bushing. Avoid getting antiseize on the bolt threads. I have herd of others having problems with getting that bolt out, it seems rust is the issue.

x100000000

ruskibrewski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I hear the same with the antiseize. Just need to pick up new bushings and bolts.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got it Friday saying it would be delivered Monday January 11th the tracking still says in transit from Kentucky. Also says 2 day priority. I think is been more than 2 days. I hate usps.

This happens to me every time something ships usps. I truly hate them also, they charge everybody for 2 day and you get it like a week later at 6pm.

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This happens to me every time something ships usps. I truly hate them also, they charge everybody for 2 day and you get it like a week later at 6pm.

Yea it's starting to really **** me off. Last time I had to go and get it from them cause it sat in there office. I hope to get them by Friday and have my truck done on Monday since I'm off work

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO

Hey if it makes you feel better my tires, bils, and UCA's came in 3 days before I left for a 2 month training. Needless to say I installed them shortly after I returned haha.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yea it's starting to really **** me off. Last time I had to go and get it from them cause it sat in there office. I hope to get them by Friday and have my truck done on Monday since I'm off work

I typically have good experiences with USPS except during the holidays. I ordered my Bils from Jet.com and literally got them about a half hour ago. Same goes for most other packages. Not sure if shipping them to where I work (commercial address) helps at all, but hard to tell..

Adam

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I typically have good experiences with USPS except during the holidays. I ordered my Bils from Jet.com and literally got them about a half hour ago. Same goes for most other packages. Not sure if shipping them to where I work (commercial address) helps at all, but hard to tell..

Adam

When did you order them? Mine have been saying in transit from Kentucky since friday

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When did you order them? Mine have been saying in transit from Kentucky since friday

I ordered them on Saturday evening through Jet.com, received shipping notice on Monday and were delivered this morning around 10:30AM to Morgantown, WV.

Adam

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered them on Saturday evening through Jet.com, received shipping notice on Monday and were delivered this morning around 10:30AM to Morgantown, WV.

Adam

I ordered mine on the 8th and got my shipping stuff same day. USPS said Monday and it's not the 13th and haven't received them yet and there getting shipped to Delaware

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you ordered through Jet, it should tell you where they originated from. That way you can judge the time table of delivery. Or, call the post office and have them look up the tracking.

Sometimes they don't scan everything that goes through. It may have already transferred to the next location before you and just didn't get scanned. I've had it happen before. A package was showing in transit for 3 or 4 days, then all of a sudden, arrived at local office, out for delivery, switched trucks, and delivered within 5 minutes of each other.

Bertulis43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got my bils today. Just a week later. Tires and bils get installed Monday. I'll post some before and after pictures whenever it gets done and I have day light

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Finally got my bils today. Just a week later. Tires and bils get installed Monday. I'll post some before and after pictures whenever it gets done and I have day light

Looking forward to seeing those pics. Good luck on the install!

Adam

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
The install isn't that bad. I had a friend help(actually do) it for me. I'm good with my hands but never been a car type of guy...He has done lots of work to his jeep ( lift and other things ). I've sorta regretted doing it myself because I've had a squeak or rub ever since and cant figure it out. We did take 1 side apart to try to find it but its still there. Wish now I'd paid for the install, at least if it squeaked I could have taken it back. I may go up to the 2.8 setting and have a shop do it to see if its still there... drives me freaking insane every time I hit a speed bump or go out of a driveway. good luck