Bilstein Rear Shocks With Rear Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Help With Bilstein Rear Shocks With Rear Lift

Hello fellow Ram owners!
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a level with Bilsteins. I'm planning on doing a 2.8 in front and a 1.50 inch rear coil lift. My question is, the bilsteins for the Rear say 0-1". Will the shocks be overextended with the rear lift at 1.5? Is there another bilstein option that would be better? I really like the Bilsteins and have had great results in the past. Thanks, y'all! Any input would be appreciated!

Last edited:

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
half a inch won't make a difference I have over 3 inch lift in the rear and I am still running stock shocks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
half a inch won't make a difference I have over 3 inch lift in the rear and I am still running stock shocks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks!

jaked2ca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get this all installed? Any pics? Reviews? I'm debating the icon rear could myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get this all installed? Any pics? Reviews? I'm debating the icon rear could myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I did! Turned out great! The ride is much better and it got me right at 1.5" of rear lift. I suspect it will settle some. I also set the front at 2.8 with Zone UCA's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 67

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I did! Turned out great! The ride is much better and it got me right at 1.5" of rear lift. I suspect it will settle some. I also set the front at 2.8 with Zone UCA's.

Just installed bilsteins on mine and was debating doing the exact same setup. Just curious what size tires you're running??

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed bilsteins on mine and was debating doing the exact same setup. Just curious what size tires you're running??
I have BFG AT 275/65r20 with factory sport rims.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have BFG AT 275/65r20 with factory sport rims.

Nice. For a 2.8 front and 1.5 rear those fill the wheel wells out nicely. I am thinking of sticking to 2.1 in the front and adding just a 1" in the rear and I have been looking for bigger tires than those. Maybe I need to consider down sizing to avoid a 'stuffed' look.

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. For a 2.8 front and 1.5 rear those fill the wheel wells out nicely. I am thinking of sticking to 2.1 in the front and adding just a 1" in the rear and I have been looking for bigger tires than those. Maybe I need to consider down sizing to avoid a 'stuffed' look.
If you really want rear coils, Carli makes a 3/4” progressive rear spring coil. The 2.1 looks really good with a rear 3/4” lift.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you really want rear coils, Carli makes a 3/4” progressive rear spring coil. The 2.1 looks really good with a rear 3/4” lift.

Nice. Ill have to check those out. Yeah, I am sitting at about 3/4'' of rake right now. I am loving the front but just can't get over the 'saggy looking' rear end now. So I'll probably try to lift the back up a bit and measure what it'll look like with a 3/4'' and 1'' lift and go from there. Then I plan on installing Bilsteins in the rear to match the front. I'm pretty set on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers for new shoes but just need to figure out what I want for size once I'm done lifting.

OP
OP
R

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. Ill have to check those out. Yeah, I am sitting at about 3/4'' of rake right now. I am loving the front but just can't get over the 'saggy looking' rear end now. So I'll probably try to lift the back up a bit and measure what it'll look like with a 3/4'' and 1'' lift and go from there. Then I plan on installing Bilsteins in the rear to match the front. I'm pretty set on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers for new shoes but just need to figure out what I want for size once I'm done lifting.
Sounds good! Post some pics when you decide!