Bilstein shop install price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious as to what folks on here have paid shops to install bilstein front level kit. I know I could attempt it myself, but I just dont have the patience/time.

So to anyone who has had a shop install them, how much did you pay for labor, and did that include a alignment?

Just trying to get a general idea so I dont get screwed.

Thanks in advance!

miguelherrera4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I paid 200$ including the alignment here in Vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious as to what folks on here have paid shops to install bilstein front level kit. I know I could attempt it myself, but I just dont have the patience/time.

So to anyone who has had a shop install them, how much did you pay for labor, and did that include a alignment?

Just trying to get a general idea so I dont get screwed.

Thanks in advance!
Jesus that's cheap.Here in VA BEACH all shops wanted roughly 360 for front with allignment high-end was like 600 just for the install at the stealership

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here in NJ I went to two shops and they could not even give me a quote.

Jesus that's cheap.Here in VA BEACH all shops wanted roughly 360 for front with allignment high-end was like 600 just for the install at the stealership

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
id figure 3-4 hours at whatever the going shop rate is in your area, plus alignment ($75-$150). if you can find a shop to do it for less then that, great, otherwise i wouldnt pay more then that to have them done.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
place here in kissimmee.. ... i have been going to same mech for a long time.. so i dont know if it was lower cause of that

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Here in NJ I went to two shops and they could not even give me a quote.

Sure they can. Just tell them it's just installing a new strut. Think I spent $275 with alignment.

I am in NJ and have a set with OEM springs ready to go in. PM me if you're interested. They were used for about 2k miles.

navyjoe11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why the hell is everyone else's install so damn cheap!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Mine was front and rear with alignment for $500.00 in South Jersey..

F.O.F

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
id figure 3-4 hours at whatever the going shop rate is in your area, plus alignment ($75-$150). if you can find a shop to do it for less then that, great, otherwise i wouldnt pay more then that to have them done.
Just for the front!? I don't even have power tools and could do the front in 3 hours by myself and I haven't wrenched on a vehicle in 10 years.

I don't have a labor guide handy but I can't imagine the book time for front shock replacement on a RAM would be more than 1 hour per side.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ended up doing it myself with the help of a knowledgeable friend. Took us about 2 hrs. The shop I went to here in Okla wouldn't even do it without also replacing the Upper Control Arms... even after explaining the reasons for the Bils instead of spacer kits.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I had my 2012 quad cab, ntb in South jersey, just the fronts for $400...3 year alignment plan. I did the rears. Not to bad since it's for 3 years of alignments

sent from my phone

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Local shop quoted a shade over $500 for the install & alignment. That's ridiculous, guess I'll be going to Harbor Freight for a spring compressor kit.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Dang was that the front and rear, or solely the front ?

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Local shop quoted a shade over $500 for the install & alignment. That's ridiculous, guess I'll be going to Harbor Freight for a spring compressor kit.

I tried it when my truck was new and stopped when I realized my spring compressor was too small for truck springs. I have yet to find one to try again. Since it's a truck spring and they can kill I wouldn't risk HF set !!

But everyone saying how easy it is, is welcome to come over and help !!! :favorites13:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried it when my truck was new and stopped when I realized my spring compressor was too small for truck springs. I have yet to find one to try again. Since it's a truck spring and they can kill I wouldn't risk HF set !!

But everyone saying how easy it is, is welcome to come over and help !!! :favorites13:

I rented one from the local auto parts store. Just put a deposit down, get it back when it's returned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk