bilstein surprise !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
guys I know this could sound crazy but its what am dealing with right now .

As some of you know I have a 2011 dodge ram 1500 with zone lift 6 inch . and I ordered the bilstein 5100 ajg to raise the front . but when I got them one of them had 4 levels and the other had 5 levels of height . when I read the model number they were the same !
I didn't relies that tell after I installed the shocks at the shop as I told the store to raise it max height but when he finished I saw 1 side is higher then the other . could the site I ordered from gave me to different kinds of shocks or there are to models for the RAM ? or what ?
am not in the states and its impossible to return them now :confused:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The 3rd gen Bilsteins have 4 adjustments and the 4th gen's have 5 settings. Sounds like you got 1 of each. If the part# on each is the same, then Bilstein made the mistake, and they should be held responsible to correct this for you reguardless of your location. I would try to get in touch with Bilstein about this tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ahaaa thats why ??!! now what ?? I got them from a site called ShockWarehouse.com . i sent them an email now . but its gonna be very hard and costly to send them back . is it ok if I used them both and set them on the 4th sitting or am I gonna face problems later on ?

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ahaaa thats why ??!! now what ?? I got them from a site called ShockWarehouse.com . i sent them an email now . but its gonna be very hard and costly to send them back . is it ok if I used them both and set them on the 4th sitting or am I gonna face problems later on ?

they are valved differently so will not react the same over bumps, will not sit level even with adjusting (may sit level bit valving will be off). This can be dangerous, I would tell that company to send you the correct part or you will contact the better business bureau for taking your and your family lives in danger

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch!
How could this happen?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
no reply from the web site yet , I will give them tell monday . then call them directly .

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No I didn't tell now . the strange thing is both shocks got the same model number . am going out my mind not . and those guys are taking there sweet time to reply . they told me to send them pictures and I did . the only thing I could do now is to set them level . and put them both on the 4th setting and wait .

Attachments

• IMAG0384.jpg
    IMAG0384.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0382.jpg
    IMAG0382.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
they replied today and said :
It depends on the part number, some have 4 as other have 5. It is perfectly safe to have them on any of the setting from stock all the way up to the highest setting. By the looks of your vehicle, I would double check that both shocks are on the same setting. It looks as though one was set higher than the other which can cause unwanted drivability issues. Some of the grooves in the shock can be covered by the lower spring seat. I would bring your truck back to where they were installed and have them re-check their work. Keep me posted.

so now I put both shocks on the 4th setting . the truck is leveled and I hope am ok.

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look closely at those pics you posted,from the label to the first groove, it appears that the lowest groove is the one missing not the highest. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Look closely at those pics you posted,from the label to the first groove, it appears that the lowest groove is the one missing not the highest. Hope this helps.
ouch . I think your right . OMG now I have to fix it again !! this will be the 3rd time am going to re-install this shock . its really becoming a pain in the ass ..
Strange that there are 2 kinds of shocks or its only my bad luck .

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So going back to op, when both were at max setting did truck sit level side to side?

OP
OP
B

bandar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
no they didn't . now they are leveled after measuring finder to tire more than once and in defrant conditions they are leveled . I think am going to leave them as that and am going to post some pictures soon with my final upgrade to my truck .