Bilsteins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaterSalad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 4x4
Got the Bilstein 5100s installed today. I set them at 2.1" so I wouldn't have that "Cali lean" look. I don't think it'll be long before a lift goes on... I think the Bilsteins give the Ram the "truck" stance that it should have came with from the factory! Looks stout but not big enough for me!! SO... Until then, here it is!

Attachments

• Truck lift2.jpg
    Truck lift2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 122
  • truck lift 4.jpg
    truck lift 4.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 123
OP
OP
TaterSalad

TaterSalad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 4x4
Looks good...what lift ya gonna get?

Thanks. I'm still debating on that... I'm leaning toward a ProComp setup but unsure if i will do 4" or 6". I had a 6" lift on my old ram w/ 37s and it was big. Having a young son that still rides in a car seat is making me lean toward the 4" w/ 35s just for ease of getting in and out. I dunno though...
We shall see. :Insane:

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I'm still debating on that... I'm leaning toward a ProComp setup but unsure if i will do 4" or 6". I had a 6" lift on my old ram w/ 37s and it was big. Having a young son that still rides in a car seat is making me lean toward the 4" w/ 35s just for ease of getting in and out. I dunno though...
We shall see. :Insane:

BADASS! And BADASS picture taking skills.

Just letting you know, the difference from 4" to 6" won't be much as you're running Bilsteins. It will be a 1" difference in height. This is based on the pro comp.
RCX is a 1.5" difference from 4" to 6"

If you're looking for a lift kit in either 4" or 6" we got them all.
Let me know and ill take care of you :)

But I'd do the 6" just for the minimal difference in height.

OP
OP
TaterSalad

TaterSalad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 4x4
And BADASS picture taking skills.

Thanks!!

[/QUOTE] letting you know, the difference from 4" to 6" won't be much as you're running Bilsteins. It will be a 1" difference in height. This is based on the pro comp.
RCX is a 1.5" difference from 4" to 6"[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I would imagine that I would end up going with the 6" lift by the time it is all said and done... Right now the only thing holding me back from ordering a lift is that my truck still fits in the garage... I only have around 3.25" of room between the truck and garage. I don't have much more room to work with & i also need to add room for larger mud tires as well. Looks like the wife will have the garage to herself before long! anyways, thanks for the info.

[/QUOTE] you're looking for a lift kit in either 4" or 6" we got them all.
Let me know and ill take care of you :)[/QUOTE]

And i'll keep that in mind!!! :waytogo:

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks really good!! Sits perfect!!! How much do the 5100s run?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
TaterSalad

TaterSalad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 4x4
Thanks! I think it sits perfectly as well! Couldn't be happier with it. You can find them for around $200-220 a pair.

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet I'm gonna look into them. I was gonna do the HBS level but I think this might be a better option since its adjustable

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaterSalad

TaterSalad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 4x4
Yup. Set it at 2.1" and if later you decide you want it a bit higher you could add 1" to the rear & have the front adjusted to 2.8". Having options is always good!!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup. Set it at 2.1" and if later you decide you want it a bit higher you could add 1" to the rear & have the front adjusted to 2.8". Having options is always good!!

Beauty of the 5100's over the Pro Comps with 2 settings (0 or 2.75")