Bilsteins and zone UCAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I need some input. I have a 17 ram 1500 with bilstein 5100 all around. Fronts are @2.8 and have zone UCAs. Just got it aligned and thy can't get the camber or caster on. Camber is above .3° at .6° and caster is above .8 at 5.2° on the right side only. Brand new nothing is bent. Any ideas because I have no clue.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jljbtm

Reaction score
What are zone utc?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fanta1500

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are zone utc?

The upper control arms they sell, got it so I didn't have to worry about oem ball joints possibly popping while running bilsteins at 2.8

jljbtm

Reaction score
Really!?

OP
OP
Fanta1500

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really!?

Yeah, I read a lot of guys that run at 2.8 have balljoint issues. Rather just play it safe than risk it

jljbtm

Reaction score
Ok ill have to look into those

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to put the Zone UCAs on with my 2.5 spacers. Actually just ordered new rims tires and bilsteins to swap the spacers with. I would recommend the Zones. I have had them on for just over 6k with no alignment issues and the quality is top notch.

OP
OP
Fanta1500

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to put the Zone UCAs on with my 2.5 spacers. Actually just ordered new rims tires and bilsteins to swap the spacers with. I would recommend the Zones. I have had them on for just over 6k with no alignment issues and the quality is top notch.

Yeah the quality is amazing on them, not sure if the shop I had do alignment if the machine needs to be recalibrated or what but my truck does still favor the left a touch and he said he maxed it out so I'm not sure what the issue is with mine

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah the quality is amazing on them, not sure if the shop I had do alignment if the machine needs to be recalibrated or what but my truck does still favor the left a touch and he said he maxed it out so I'm not sure what the issue is with mine

Have you thought about taking it to another shop? I'm assuming the first shop didn't charge you bc they couldn't get it in specs

OP
OP
Fanta1500

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you thought about taking it to another shop? I'm assuming the first shop didn't charge you bc they couldn't get it in specs

No they charged me lol, I'm gonna bring it somewhere on Monday or Tuesday probably. I called zone and they are gonna call the shop I went too, to see what is up and I'm going from there. The place I went does numerous vehicles and has been in service for 3 generations also one of the best around Albany NY so I have no clue what's going on. Whether it's the UCA that is bad or if there alignment is messed up. Just disappointing that they can't get it on even though the adjusters have plenty of play to get it aligned

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye