Body lift cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm looking at the zone 1.5" body lift. If you are running this can I get your feedback? Or was there any hidden things that needed to be done that zone didn't advertise?

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Subd for this one. Been wondering same exact thing. I have the express so anyone with painted bumpers I'd also like feedback. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'll answer the title of your thread in regards to body lifts in general. The biggest negative is that they are time consuming and tedious to install. If you have to pay someone to install a body lift, the "value" aspect disappears. If you can do the work yourself, they are a great value.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Cons:
- Exhaust tips end up too low (can be fixed)
- Hitch ends up lower than the bumper
- Certain aftermarket parts will not fit properly anymore (ie. intakes as the engine will be 1.5" lower in the engine compartment)
- Gaps between the frame and body look funny IMO
- Tedious to install as Wandell stated
- They only give you body clearance, not frame clearance if you're concerned about that for offroading

Pros:
- They're cheap

Generally my advice is only install a body lift if you're maxed out on suspension lift and still need to go higher. So for a Ram 1500 that would equate to a 6" lift plus Bilsteins as maxed out suspension.

pitajr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a body lift on my 2015 ram rebel, and it took about 8 hours for myself to install. I would of went suspension but my truck has the air ride and my options are limited. It looks good. I angled the tips up, and filled in the gap left in my fender liners with gap guards

TSINND

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 6.7
I put a body lift on my 2015 ram rebel, and it took about 8 hours for myself to install. I would of went suspension but my truck has the air ride and my options are limited. It looks good. I angled the tips up, and filled in the gap left in my fender liners with gap guards

Which body lift did you install?

OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I think I will stay away from the body lift. I don't off-road manly I want it to look beefed up a bit. But I'll stay away from the headaches and just level.