Bump stop extension for a 2" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the Mopar 2" lift, but I'm not going to pay $1000+ for it. My plan is to try and piece the kit together for cheaper. The Mopar 2" lift has the following:

2 - Bilstein 5100 front adjustable
2 - Bilstein 5100 rear
2 - Superlift 140 rear 2" coil springs
2 - Bumpstop extention brackets
2 - Swaybar/Brake line extension brackets for the rear

My plan is: Bils front and rear, the Superlift coils, Hellwig 7883 adjustable swaybar, and fasion something for the brake lines. However, I need something for the bumpstop extensions. The extensions in the Mopar kit look like 2" blocks that bolt to the axle. Any idea if somebody makes anything like this?

OP
OP
L

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody have any ideas for a 2" bumpstop extension for the rear?

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, you can cut a few pieces of square stock and make them. Just measure how much you lift the rear and find some stock metal close to that measurement.

Jasfish18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is an old thread but I am up against the same dilemma.
Also does anyone sell the track bar relocation brackets seperatly?

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The Mopar lift for 4th gen is available a bit cheaper than $1000 now.. still $900 but by the time you piece together the price looks like this:

front Bilsteins, ($206 as of typing this)
rear lift coils, ($162 - also these Superlift 140 springs are linear rate; the Mopar kit comes with progressive rate coils like Icon 212150 which are $280..)
rear extended Bilstein shocks, ($168/pr)

So if you buy the progressive rate springs from Icon you're within $250 of the whole Mopar lift and you still have to extend your bumpstops, your rear sway bar links and relocate your rear brake hoses. Next step really depends on what your time is worth and if you can fabricate something to take care of that - the parts are pretty simple overall but not everyone has the equipment, knowledge or time.

You can buy the Carli track bar relocation bracket (doesn't come with the Mopar kit..) for $75 here.

I have both (the Mopar small lift and the Carli bracket) and can report both have been trouble free, stable on the highway and work very well including heavy towing and rough dirt roads. Haven't done any high speed Baja type stuff and don't plan to - that's a different class of suspension work entirely.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Jasfish18 something to clarify for you.
You don't need the 2" bumpstops per se, that will depend on what shocks you run in the back and how big your tires will be. you want 2" bumpstops in the Mopar kit because of the lenght of the shocks they give you with the kit which also matches the extension you get out of the SLF-140 coil springs. The springs are so long you'll have to compress the fackers to get them in even if you disconnected the trackbar. You could disconnect the rear control arms out and get more droop that way if you didn't have spring compressors. Anyways, the shocks Mopar give you are Bistein 33-185569 and they're long suckers at 29.7" extended, 18" compressed. Stock shocks are 25.50" extended, 16.50" compressed. i've used the SLF-140 springs, they're 22 1/4 long (free lenght) as opposed to the 18.25 stock free lenght.

You can do Icon 1.5", eibach 1" or Bisltein 1" rear springs, and run your 1" 5100 everybody and ther sister recommends around here :), part# 24-187374. they're 26.7" extended and 16.75" compressed and do zero bumpstops. my current rear shocks are 27.25 extended, 17.5" compressed, and i only run 1" bumpstop, not really needed but i run my chit a little harder than some with 37's with the Icon springs and a 1" spacer. you can run 17.5" compressed rear shocks without bumpstop extensions if you wanted, but again, all depending on what your setup is. Mopar goes on the safe side and give you 2" i'd guess because you can stuff the tires all the way that way without having to hit the plastic fender wells.

If you're going to have weight in the truck bed, big spare, tool box etc, etc, you won't need TB relocation anything. I sagged the full 2" in a matter of couple of weeks with those SLF-140 springs and about 300lbsbs in the bed, i added a little more weight and it wasn't funny anymore. Would have been a waste to spend relocation anything since i was literally at stock height after just couple of weeks.
Brand new SLF-140 springs, i had a mission to get longer King shocks. you can read my journey in only 15 days after this post. They sagged their full weight so i returned them little after 15 days

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2014-ram-1500-express-crew-cab.124750/page-43#post-2054309

Granted, if you wanted full offroad long springs setup with any shock that can give you 30" extended, the rear will flex really nice with those SLF-140 springs.

As far as brake line extensions. $2-$3 at Lowes and you're all set, you won't have any issues running those 30" extended shocks if you wanted.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2014-ram-1500-express-crew-cab.124750/page-6#post-1839258

1" bumpstops that can be stacked if you wanted, i had this ones from my Jeep Wrangler but they fit like a glove back there, they're Metalcloack 7032 1" rear Bumpstops
https://metalcloak.com/jk-wrangler-adjustable-bump-stops-rear-2.html

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2014-ram-1500-express-crew-cab.124750/page-7#post-1839995

Longer sway bar links, good for 1-1.5" rear lift
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2014-ram-1500-express-crew-cab.124750/page-8#post-1870338

Good luck.

Last edited:

TOM153

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have the brake line/sway bar extension bracket extension, the superlift springs, bumpstop extensions and I also have extended front sway bar links for the front I can do $150 if anyone is interested it’s used but in good condition. I took off my truck to install 4” kit. You would just need the rear bilstein shocks and front bilstein shocks

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
These say they are for jeeps but they fit the Ram perfectly. Both vehicles have the same exact pad on top of the axle. I have used these in the past.

https://www.roughcountry.com/bump-s...7HUc1H4u83mvfDKiSEWUoplt7v21dN64aAkZkEALw_wcB

View attachment 193810

JB would you install RC on your own truck??

Myself I'm struggling with this answer :gr_grin: I'm not against RC but their brand has just never appealed to me. Plus I'm a creature of habit. I cannot install one RC part and call it good. Then I have to start finding other parts that need upgrade etc etc...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JB would you install RC on your own truck??

Myself I'm struggling with this answer :gr_grin: I'm not against RC but their brand has just never appealed to me. Plus I'm a creature of habit. I cannot install one RC part and call it good. Then I have to start finding other parts that need upgrade etc etc...

Yes those bumpstops are good quality and powdercoated. However if your not comfortable, find one made by another manufacturer, point is the Jeep spacers fit our Rams.

BTW.....I have an RC front lightbar that still works great after 3 years.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Yes those bumpstops are good quality and powdercoated. However if your not comfortable, find one made by another manufacturer, point is the Jeep spacers fit our Rams.

BTW.....I have an RC front lightbar that still works great after 3 years.

Well said