Camber questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gradall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long story short...
Stock->
2" hbs spacers ->
Alighnment ->
About 2000 trouble free miles ->
Popped upper ball joints ->
Zone uca's ->
Alighnment->
Funny vibration in truck from suspension->
Removed hbs installed bilstein 5100's at 2.8 setting ->
Alignment->
As I'm sitting in the shop waiting for the truck, the tech pulls me in to show me his screen. He is moving the lca cam bolts 360 degrees and the truck is not getting close to the right camber 2.5 is the best he could get. He recommended a camber kit, but I see none and I haven't heard of anybody needing this for such a small lift. Any ideas as to how I can get close to stock camber back? Please help me!

Casey j

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Strange that you cant get it back in line.

I have 3" spacers and zone uppers and when I finished putting them and set the truck down the camber was obviously jacked...bad. Which was to be expected jamming the strut down 3 inches.

So I crawled under my truck and cranked the eccentrics to damn near max and roughly lined the wheels up just by look then played with the toe just to get it drivable. Took it to the alignment rack 2 days later and my camber was in the green just from my eyeball measurements and the toe only needed a couple turns to come back in and set the steering wheel straight.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sounds odd. My recommendation would be to give Zone a call. Did he spin BOTH bolts on each arm to the same position? As in - on the left LCA, did he spin both of the cam bolts to the same position. A lot of techs losen them both and move one to get themselves close but if major adjustment is needed, both bolts need to be moved to draw the arm in or out.

OP
OP
G

gradall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing against the tech, but he was the friday afternoon guy. I'm gonna take it back on monday to have "the expert" look at it. I was just wondering if bilsteins at 2.8 and zones could get me good camber? The only way to get less camber is with the ecentrics or is there some other tweaking of components to get some? The zones only go one way so there is nothing there.

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I will tell you that after my lift - the first idiot told me that my camber couldn't be corrected. I took it home, eyeballed it and got it very close. Took it back when the "expert" was there and he informed me that the first guy was an idiot.

jakekinney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea if youre going to a firestone or sts or some kind of chain "shop" that could be your whole problem right there.

Sometimes they have people working for them that really have no business being anywhere near a garage.

OP
OP
G

gradall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I'm just gonna pony up and go to the dealership, thanks guys I'll let you know how it goes

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I'm just gonna pony up and go to the dealership, thanks guys I'll let you know how it goes

They aren't any better lol. You need to go to a 4x4 shop to find someone that knows what they're doing.

OP
OP
G

gradall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Success!!! I took it back to the "expert" at ntb and he fiddeled with it for 2 hours and got my camber at 0 on both sideds and toed in .03 left and right. My caster is a little bit funky but I can totally live with it. All I All I'm happy and she has that wonderful buttened down feeling again!