cant decide... Superlift or Zone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cant decide... Superlift or Zone

I have the two following quotes and both include installation:

4" Superlift with Bilsteins front and rear (stock UCA's) - $2477
4" Zone with upgraded Zone UCA's - $2400

Its just a daily driver, no off-roading, will be on pavement 99%.

One more thing that complicates the decision. These are two different shops, one shop only does Zone, and the other shop only does Superlift. I'd probably rather have the Zones, but I trust the Superlift shop a lot more than I do the Zone shop. The Superlift shop is more experienced.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Given the things you've said, I'd prob go the superlift route. The lift is essentially the same with the addition of new shocks all around. You will enjoy the ride better for the same money spent. Also, if it's gonna be all pavement, not really any reason to drop the extra on some gnarly UCA's. As far as the shops, they will always promote what the sell. Both quotes seem legit.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the four-inch zone With 35s. Couldn't be happier.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both kits are solid, go with your gut. Price is about the same, but the Bils are a nice upgrade over generic "white body" shocks, though the Bils are not as nice as coilovers........

If the shop is causing ANY concern, well, see first sentance.

LumberJakl

Reaction score
Ram Year
'17 Sport QC
Engine
5.7L 4x4
I'd go with Zone. The UCA with zone alone costs $450 which it's an improvement upgrade versus the stock UCA's and you can buy a set of Bilstein for only ~$250 so you can save yourself some $$$

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd go with Zone. The UCA with zone alone costs $450 which it's an improvement upgrade versus the stock UCA's and you can buy a set of Bilstein for only ~$250 so you can save yourself some $$$

4 Bils cannot be had for $250, lot closer to the price of the Zone UCA's. Those Zone uppers are pretty nice, but as stated above, not really needed for a DD street truck.

FWIW, I'm still rock'n the stock ucs's @ 49.5k miles, more than half that leveled and/or lifted.

OP
OP
mpittman

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4 Bils cannot be had for $250, lot closer to the price of the Zone UCA's. Those Zone uppers are pretty nice, but as stated above, not really needed for a DD street truck.

FWIW, I'm still rock'n the stock ucs's @ 49.5k miles, more than half that leveled and/or lifted.

I think he meant you can buy front Bils for $250 vs the $450 Zone UCA's. I just got my front Bils for $180 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eased

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
You can't go wrong with the heavier duty upper control arms even if it's a road princess. If your planning on running with bigger tires and your doing the suspension lift anyway, you might as well do the UCA as well. When you pop a ball joint, you'll wish you did!

That said if you don't trust the shop... don't do it. Take to a place you can trust. Bad work is bad work regardless of the quality of parts.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 4" Superlift & am very happy with it.

Go with the shop you trust.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think he meant you can buy front Bils for $250 vs the $450 Zone UCA's. I just got my front Bils for $180 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that, that's what I did. But in the OP 's 1st post, he lists the prices between 2 kits, Superlift w/Bils and Zone with UCA's. Lumbrjl makes a case about the cost of the UCA's being more expensive than Bils BUT the Superlift kit has 4, not 2. So at the end of the day you won't get a better deal with the Zone if you wind up purchasing 4 Bils down the road(or any other upgraded shocks).

Again, if we r being honest here, what's gonna ride and make a noticeable improvement every time you're behind the wheel? Some cool ***, super beefy UCA's or a set of upgraded shocks?

I like the Zone uppers, very nice upgrade but you're kidding yourself if you think you need them. Plenty of Ram owners rock'n the stock UCA's.............

One last time, go with your gut. Either kit will suit your needs very well.