Cheapest place to buy Bilsteins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got mine directly from Bilstein Canada (Essex Distributors) and 4WHEELPARTS Canada, prices were pretty much the same. Have seen them on Amazon.ca as well, again for pretty much same price.

Not 100% sure on shop rate and what not, but I imagine it shouldn't take any respectable shop longer than 2-3 hrs (with wheel alignment factored in).

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Best to check with the shop and see if they will install them if you don't purchase them from the shop themselves. A lot of places around here will not warranty their work if you don't purchase from them. Not worth saving a few $$ to have to deal with a headache later. Something to keep in mind....

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best to check with the shop and see if they will install them if you don't purchase them from the shop themselves. A lot of places around here will not warranty their work if you don't purchase from them. Not worth saving a few $$ to have to deal with a headache later. Something to keep in mind....

Good point.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id expect the install and alignment to be in the 100-200 range. An experience suspension guy can finish the job in under an hour plus the alignment. I did as a non experienced suspension guy in about an hour from wheels off to wheels on.

OP
OP
S

Syntec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
H5.7
Informative responses as usual...

Buy bills
Get them installed (1-2hr max)
Wheel alignment at the shop

Sit drive and enjoy?

Did I miss anything?

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's pretty much it. A lot of guys with 13+ Rams upgrade upper control arms at the same time, due to potential ball joint issues. But I think issues usually only arise when the height is increased by 2.5"+.

Mevotech are a cheap popular choice, really comes down to how you use your truck too. Any major offroading?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Syntec

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
H5.7
That's pretty much it. A lot of guys with 13+ Rams upgrade upper control arms at the same time, due to potential ball joint issues. But I think issues usually only arise when the height is increased by 2.5"+.

Mevotech are a cheap popular choice, really comes down to how you use your truck too. Any major offroading?

None at all, driving this truck as if it was a car, using the box when needed.

From what I read going 2.1 bils you won't need to upgrade UCA's