couple leveling questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I traded in my 12 express 2wd reg cab last year for a new left over 2016 crew cab express 4x4. (right after becoming a Grandpa)
This is my first 4x4 (had about 10 2wd's) and even though I don't go off road, I want it to look like a 4 wheel drive.
I am getting ready to order my Bilstein's and Mevotech's so that once I wear out this first set of tires i have what I need.
I am planning on either doing 2.1 or 2.8 plus a 1" rear spacer and either 34 or 35 tires.

Now on to my questions
will the headlights need readjusted? Is it easy to do?
Will the speedometer need reprogrammed?
What are good tires for street only use that still have semi aggressive look to them? Assuming some type of AT?
Is it worth it to do Bilsteins on all 4 corners or is front only all that is needed?
If putting Bilsteins in rear (front set at 2.8) what do you set the rears at?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yes they will, they are super easy. I'd do 3 1/4 turns and you'll be set.

Bigger tires means less revolutions so yes it will. Easy to do with a simple programmer.

What are good tires for street only use that still have semi aggressive look to them? Assuming some type of AT?
Everyone and their mother will say BFG KO2s. I hate em. Toyo makes a solid tire.

Is it worth it to do Bilsteins on all 4 corners or is front only all that is needed?
You can do what you want with just a level kit. Raising the rear however will give it a stock rake look, just taller. Which looks good in my book.

Not familiar with Bilsteins adjustable for the rears.

OP
OP
cike

cike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they will, they are super easy. I'd do 3 1/4 turns and you'll be set.

Bigger tires means less revolutions so yes it will. Easy to do with a simple programmer.

Everyone and their mother will say BFG KO2s. I hate em. Toyo makes a solid tire.

You can do what you want with just a level kit. Raising the rear however will give it a stock rake look, just taller. Which looks good in my book.

Not familiar with Bilsteins adjustable for the rears.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will look into the speedometer programmer. I never hear anyone talking about that in the leveling/lifting threads, but I figured the tires would make a difference.
I just assumed that the rear Bilisteins were adjustable like the fronts are.

If it's not obvious, I have no idea what i'm doing so i'm reading every thread I can and looking at pictures trying to figure out what I want to do.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everything the first guy said.

Bils in the rear are not adjustable, just excellent shocks. I have Bils in the front at 2.1 and stock in the back with a 1" TGC spacer.
Agreed with the 1st guy about tires. I have toyo AT2 extremes in 34x11.50 and love them, actually they are my second set! I love the look of my truck but of course I have ZERO bias [emoji12]
I do off-road occasionally but it's my daily driver so I needed a setup that could be comfortable and capable when needed.
4fbf21d1b4124c410221b1dcd3ebb75a.jpg

Sent via telepathy

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, I did not adjust my speedometer. Up here I swap my entire wheel+tire setup in the winter. So I would constantly be swapping so I just left it. My speedometer is about 7% off, when I'm going 60 I know I'm roughly around 65

Sent via telepathy

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Bilsteins installed and set at 2.8". I'm not sure if my headlights were ever adjusted, I need to check with the shop that installed them.

876d8d1fedcc5576aec1c29c77315dd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk