Did you install your body lift yourself?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxBodyJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up an 11 Sport 4x4. I'm pretty handy for an old dude and was wondering if you installed your body lift by yourself?

I'm going 1.5. Keeping stock tire size cuz I have 3.55s and I haul a bit in the summer.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I had a shop do mine along with my level. With another person it probably wouldn't be too hard though

Saltbreak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I am also debating between 1.5 and 3. My buddy and I installed a 3 on his 2005 ram. It took us about 10 hours. First time we both did it. Not difficult just time consuming. From what I hear the 4th gen hides body lifts very well. Post pics once you get it done, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did mine by myself and I have the mechanic skills of a potato. I can't even change my own oil. That's how mechanically dumb I am but should also say how easy it is.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did mine by myself and I have the mechanic skills of a potato. I can't even change my own oil. That's how mechanically dumb I am but should also say how easy it is.

What size did you do?

OP
OP
F

FoxBodyJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you tell us a little about the install. Anything you recommend or short cuts?

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just picked up an 11 Sport 4x4. I'm pretty handy for an old dude and was wondering if you installed your body lift by yourself?

I'm going 1.5. Keeping stock tire size cuz I have 3.55s and I haul a bit in the summer.

My brother and I did his 1.5" and his running boards in six and a half hours. Very straight forward install. The directions seem to lack for all manufacturers in my opinion, however common sense took over in these areas and was easy enough to figure it out on the fly. Go for it with a buddy.

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i did my second 1.5 on my 14 (1st was on my 11) and two of us did it in around 2 hours. its not bad, just pay attention to the directions. when it comes to the rear bumper make sure you cut off the heads of the studs on the frame before you drill them out. Other than that get a high reach jack and your golden.

Last edited:

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It took me like 3 days, but like I said I have mechanic skills of a potato. I did the 3" body lift from performance accessories. The only short cut I can say is to defiantly prong out a colored instruction from their website. The one that was included was black and white an printed using a sponge. I couldn't make anything out. Another shortcut I can say is to not unhook all of the wires. Some do need to be taken off but half of them didn't even need to come off.