Difference between these two lifts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can anyone explain to me in detail what exactly is the difference betwene these two lifts and which would be better? I'm looking at getting a lift around christmas time so I'm trying to figure out what I should go with.

Ram 1500 2wd 4" Suspension Lift Upgrade Kit - Fits 2009-2017 Models Only

and

CST Ram 1500 2wd 4" Suspension Lift Kit - Fits 2009-2017 Models Only

so this one, might be the better bet. Keep in mind these are not complete kits though, you'll still need to purchase shock absorbers, and skid plates. I'd suggest spending the money and doing it right. Go look at pro comp.

the upgrade kit looks like it's designed to be added to an already leveled truck.

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

so this one, might be the better bet. Keep in mind these are not complete kits though, you'll still need to purchase shock absorbers, and skid plates. I'd suggest spending the money and doing it right. Go look at pro comp.

the upgrade kit looks like it's designed to be added to an already leveled truck.

I got a 2" leveling kit right now, I definitely will probably be buying new shocks.. Just not sure which would be best. Hard to find lift kits for the 2WD. Just not wanting to over do it too much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check out Maxtrac Suspension. They offer full kits for 2wd trucks that will include everything you need.

Will do, thank you for the suggestion. Do they sell them online or do you have to get them from a "vendor"

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Check out Maxtrac Suspension. They offer full kits for 2wd trucks that will include everything you need.

Possibly a dumb question, Have a 2" leveling kit on as of right now, so when I get the lift what should I do exactly? I see they have different options and such, just not exactly sure what to do here. I'm new to lifting and stuff and this is actually my first truck so.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
I don't believe Maxtrac sells the lifts directly. You'd have to order the kit through a vendor.

When you install the lift kit your current leveling kit will be removed completely. Essentially you want to start with a stock suspension system and then go up from there.

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't believe Maxtrac sells the lifts directly. You'd have to order the kit through a vendor.

When you install the lift kit your current leveling kit will be removed completely. Essentially you want to start with a stock suspension system and then go up from there.

So should I worry about buying a 4.5F and a 3R or not worry about it at all and order it? It's about $950. This is the one: https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2017-...ift-kit-w-bilstein-shocks-maxtrac-k882445-3b/

Sorry for piling the questions, just want to make sure I'm doing this right as I don't want to be nose high in the air lol.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Don't worry about it at all. Get a 4 inch lift, you won't notice it.

So even If I have the leveling kit on right now I shouldn't worry about it?

Last edited:

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
So even If I have the leveling kit on right now I shouldn't worry about it?

Just wanted to chime in and see if I can help at all. Starting with a stock truck, typically with our 4.5" front/3" rear kit you will be sitting slightly rear high. This depends on how much rake your truck has but it's usually about 1/2"-1" rear tall once installed. So if you leave your 2" spacer on with this kit you could possibly be sitting nose high. BUT, we also offer a 4.5" rear kit as well so right now if your truck is dead set level already then you can go up 4.5" in the front and 4.5" in the rear and you will still be sitting level still with a total of 6.5" in the front and 4.5" in the rear. Here are the part#'s so you can check them out and decide how you want to set up the truck..

Part# 702145 = 4.5" lift spindles w/ brakelines
Part# 902430 = 3" rear kit (coils, trac bar bracket, sway bar brackets & r. shocks)
OR
Part# 902445 = 4.5" rear kit (coils, coil spacer, trac bar bracket, sway bar brackets & R. shocks)

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to call, email or PM me. Have a good one!

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just wanted to chime in and see if I can help at all. Starting with a stock truck, typically with our 4.5" front/3" rear kit you will be sitting slightly rear high. This depends on how much rake your truck has but it's usually about 1/2"-1" rear tall once installed. So if you leave your 2" spacer on with this kit you could possibly be sitting nose high. BUT, we also offer a 4.5" rear kit as well so right now if your truck is dead set level already then you can go up 4.5" in the front and 4.5" in the rear and you will still be sitting level still with a total of 6.5" in the front and 4.5" in the rear. Here are the part#'s so you can check them out and decide how you want to set up the truck..

Part# 702145 = 4.5" lift spindles w/ brakelines
Part# 902430 = 3" rear kit (coils, trac bar bracket, sway bar brackets & r. shocks)
OR
Part# 902445 = 4.5" rear kit (coils, coil spacer, trac bar bracket, sway bar brackets & R. shocks)

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions feel free to call, email or PM me. Have a good one!

I went on your page while I saw you were lurking the thread hehe, found the post where you were helping someone with a similar issue, so would it be better to just go ahead and buy the 4.5 rear as well as the front? That way it mathematically (should) be sitting level, as all I have is a 2" front level.

Will I not be needing longer shocks for the front?

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I went on your page while I saw you were lurking the thread hehe, found the post where you were helping someone with a similar issue, so would it be better to just go ahead and buy the 4.5 rear as well as the front? That way it mathematically (should) be sitting level, as all I have is a 2" front level.

Yes sir if you are level now then go up 4.5" in the front and 4.5" in the rear and you will still be level with a 6.5" lift

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes sir if you are level now then go up 4.5" in the front and 4.5" in the rear and you will still be level with a 6.5" lift

Gotcha, it's not (comepletely) leveled but it's barely noticeable. Do you think it will be fine with the suspension lift on?

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Gotcha, it's not (comepletely) leveled but it's barely noticeable. Do you think it will be fine with the suspension lift on?

Yeah and keep in mind you can always remove the rear 1.5" spacer if you need to drop the rear. I think it will look good though :happy107:

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah and keep in mind you can always remove the rear 1.5" spacer if you need to drop the rear. I think it will look good though :happy107:

Thank you! Will I not be needing longer front shocks?

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow you found a great deal on the CST spindles! I think you should go with the CST 4" spindles and 1.5" rear coil spacers. That should give you a level truck.
You do not need a skid plate to do that lift.
You do not need to replace your shocks, but they'd definitely help with the added weight of your heavier than stock tires. Go with a quality shock. They make a difference and tend to last a lot longer.
CST is a great company. Check out their website. They have a bunch of pics that will give you a good idea of what your truck will look like.
If you go more than 1.5" for the rear, you start messing with the geometry of the rear suspension.
If you have the money to spend, check out the rear coil springs from Icon Vehicle Dynamics. They provide a small amount of lift and a great ride.