Do I have this right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've got a 2103 RCSB that I plan to install a Zone 1.5" body lift on this weekend. I'm then dropping it off to have Bilstein 5100's installed at 2.8" on Monday. Once they're installed the 295/70R18 NTGs go on. In another week or so I'm planning to have a 4" Zone suspension lift installed. Hoping for 5.5" higher in the back and the front leveled with the rear but I have a couple of questions:

Any issues with leaving the Bilsteins at 2.8" when the 4" suspension lift goes on?

Once the suspension lift is installed I'll be ordering a cap/camper shell. I'm not looking for many features so it shouldn't weigh too much but wondering if I'll end up needing spacers for the rear to keep it from sitting nose high?

Any issues with what I'm planning?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i personally would wait and have the bilsteins and the 4" suspension lift installed at the same time....you will pay labor and alignment twice if you do them separate.

Those tires will easily fit with just the 4" suspension lift. Do you plan on getting even bigger tires later that you want the body lift too?

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I got a steal of a deal on the NTG's and couldn't pass it up. Once they're used up I want to go to 37's.

I have the wheels and tires that are in the truck now sold so I need to get them off ASAP or I'd wait like you suggest.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
once you put the body lift on see if they fit, if the rubbing is minimal you could then wait it out on the bilsteins

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
If I get the BL on this weekend I'll give that a try

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4" zone lift comes with 2" rear spacer or 3" rear coils, so you will only get a max of 4.5" with your plan. Why not just do a 6" zone lift with 5" rear coils and bils in the front to level it out? I think you'd come out about the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I'd like to do a 6" but I'm concerned about getting vibrations with the short wheel base. I was hoping the 4" +1.5" BL + maxed Bilsteins would give me around 5.5".

Last edited: