Do i need new Rear Shocks with 1.5" coil spacer for rear of 2013 1500 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12BlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't.....But if you want improved ride, go with Bilsteins. IMO

12BlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The level make the ride worse? Depends on your version of worse. I personally felt my lift/level made my truck feel more truck like. It's all personal opinion. You can install them and if you decide it's worse....then install new rear shocks. I didn't and haven't replaced my shocks.

OP
OP
B

Borntoride92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The level make the ride worse? Depends on your version of worse. I personally felt my lift/level made my truck feel more truck like. It's all personal opinion. You can install them and if you decide it's worse....then install new rear shocks. I didn't and haven't replaced my shocks.

I guess I will try stock and see how they end up feeling. Thanks for the reply.

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You don't.....But if you want improved ride, go with Bilsteins. IMO

I've been thinking about doing this myself. How does your truck perform over large bumps with the rear up 1.5" and the stock shocks? Can you feel the suspension top out or is it subtle? With that amount of lift I would think you'd hit the stops in the shock pretty regularly.

12BlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure they do, but I haven't really noticed and I am in fields and unimproved roads regularly. The only time I have known for sure it hit the bumpstops I was going fairly fast across of field and hit a hole. It was very noticeable.
I'm at 35,000 miles and plan to replace the factories early part of next year. The factory shocks aren't very good to begin with.... I'll have the shop do it just because of time.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In 2013, I upgraded from stock shocks to bilstein all around, and I like the stiffer ride. I didn't like the floating, bouncing ride that the stock shocks provided.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed Bilstein all the way around, 2.8 in front and added 1" spacer in rear. My truck rides phenomenal compared to stock. Keep in mind the Bilstein shocks actually allow for inch higher ride, stock shocks do not. You will be compressing your springs so they are severely preloaded.