Doing It Right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I am a new to the mechanical world of trucks and was wanting some wise advice on truck lifts. My two concerns are warranty and price. Whatever happens I cannot possibly threaten my warranty. Not a smart thing to do. Second is price because Mom and Dad aren't going to let me do it if it is too pricey. No matter who pays for it. I have read countless posts and webpages concerning this matter but i am still looking for some fair counsel.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Warranty comes down to your dealer
Most times the dealer will have a preferred 4x4 shop to install a lift to still honor a warranty

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
if pricey is a concern you will want to stay away from suspension lifts and look into body lifts

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
Dad has a body lift on his z71 (what an awful choice) and it sits as high as mine stock. I believe the one difference between the body lift and a suspension lift is that a body lift can create some problems (he had to remove his tow hooks). A suspension lift would have earased that problem. If i were to lift the suspension what is a reliable and economical brand to look for in the future?

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
BDS, Zone, Rough country.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
The rims are 20" and i might put some larger tires but that is probably 45000 miles away so i will keep the rims always and will probably change the tires when the stock wear down