factory air suspension lift options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamVillian14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I also have been looking into lifts for my 2013 ram 1500 with the 4 corner air suspension. I found the 3" body lift by performance accessories about a week ago. I am skeptical as to whether it works or not. I hope it does. I am curious if there is an update on whether this body lift works or not? If so, can you fit 35's on your truck now?

RamVillian14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope everyone is still subscribed to this thread and others still check it out because I have installed the 3" PA body lift for trucks with factory air suspension and put 295/60/r20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on my truck. The measurements for these tires are 34.45 inches in diameter and 12.13 inches in width, and I have absolutely no rub. (fyi I have a -12 offset on my wheels) Also rough country has a 2.5" level kit that also works with the air suspension. The spacers will go on in the front, but cannot be put on the back. Also, an IMPORTANT NOTE is that this level kit will not work on the 2014 trucks with air suspension. They must have changed something. Hope this helps everyone with the 4-corner air suspension.

brianspriggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really wish a tuner could do something with this system

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i hope everyone is still subscribed to this thread and others still check it out because i have installed the 3" pa body lift for trucks with factory air suspension and put 295/60/r20 nitto trail grapplers on my truck. The measurements for these tires are 34.45 inches in diameter and 12.13 inches in width, and i have absolutely no rub. (fyi i have a -12 offset on my wheels) also rough country has a 2.5" level kit that also works with the air suspension. The spacers will go on in the front, but cannot be put on the back. Also, an important note is that this level kit will not work on the 2014 trucks with air suspension. They must have changed something. Hope this helps everyone with the 4-corner air suspension.

pics!

RamVillian14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have started a build thread called RamVillian's build thread with pics. I just got everything installed last weekend, and it's been raining almost nonstop so I'll definitely be adding better pics at the end of the week. Included in the pictures that I'm adding at the end of the week will be the air suspension at the different heights because IMO it looks GREAT at normal ride height and really SICK in off road 2.

Gregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those of you installing or installed the 3" body lifts what are your plans to move the tips back into the bumper? And what exactly is exposed when lifting it up?

RamVillian14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those of you installing or installed the 3" body lifts what are your plans to move the tips back into the bumper? And what exactly is exposed when lifting it up?

I'm still trying to decide what to do with my exhaust. Mine is hanging down like 5 inches. Some people are loosening the ball joint and angling the tips up. I'm not so sure I like this idea so I'm still troubleshooting.

And there really isn't much of anything showing. I went ahead and put on the gap guards on the front anyway. They are only like $60 for the pair.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just angle them until you can get a shop to raise them

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question....why would someone want the air ride combo from the factory when they know they will lift it later? I'm just scratching my head on that reasoning. Your essentially dumping that option on your truck that you paid for.

Also isn't than computerized so I would think a compute flash is in order?

Angel

"worrying about MPG in a truck is like looking at a Prius tow rating"

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably thought they could add a lift to it?

That would be awesome, lift kit and air ride suspension...NICEE!! Kinda like Kelderman suspension

RamVillian14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question....why would someone want the air ride combo from the factory when they know they will lift it later? I'm just scratching my head on that reasoning. Your essentially dumping that option on your truck that you paid for.

Also isn't than computerized so I would think a compute flash is in order?

Angel

"worrying about MPG in a truck is like looking at a Prius tow rating"

I don't think anyone is getting a truck with air ride installed with the intentions of lifting it in the future. Now if they are then I understand that to be a bit silly even though the more time that goes by the more lift option that become available (with the exclusion of suspension lifts of course).

yzwax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I just picked up my 2014 Laramie CC w/ air ride. What I'd like is just how the truck goes to aero mode and returns to normal when you slow down, if I have the truck in off road 1 or 2 and it lowers (due to speed), it would be GREAT if the air suspension would raise back up after going below those speeds automatically. This way when you're slow it looks like we have the lift.

I'm new to Ram and who are the biggest suspension guys for our trucks? Are they possibly working on flashes for the suspension module??

RamVillian14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just picked up my 2014 Laramie CC w/ air ride. What I'd like is just how the truck goes to aero mode and returns to normal when you slow down, if I have the truck in off road 1 or 2 and it lowers (due to speed), it would be GREAT if the air suspension would raise back up after going below those speeds automatically. This way when you're slow it looks like we have the lift.

I'm new to Ram and who are the biggest suspension guys for our trucks? Are they possibly working on flashes for the suspension module??

I'm sure other guys will chime in here with what companies might focus on the air ride situation in the Rams. I highly doubt anyone (meaning companies) will do what you are asking, just my opinion. Supposedly, you can pull apart the harness behind the front driver's side wheel well right underneath the drivers feet that will deactivate the raising and lowering of the air suspension without any warning chimes or lights. I haven't fooled with this yet. Not sure I'm going to because I like the set up I have now.

dbrock34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
following as i just picked up a 14 Limited

It seems like another member here swapped out or adjusted the length of his links mounted to his height sensors on his air ride. I believe they are the same as the ones on the Jeep Grand Cherokee. There is a link below to the Jeep forum for how to make them. I just did this project over the weekend to my wife's GC and it's super easy. Her new normal ride height is OR1. I know it's not a huge lift but every little bit helps. I just got the alignment this morning for the new ride height and all is good.

Here's the link.
Quadralift lowering/leveling/lifting Links DIY - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't see it posted but since this surfaced...........for the newbies, BDS makes a 4" kit for air ride equipped trucks.