Factory Lift Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marv02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called the dealership that sold me the Truck and asking about Lift kits that willn't void my Factory warrany this what they sent me I think the prices are on the high side what do you think.

All I want is a Leveling kit.

(I hope all is well with you, and your new RAM truck. Thank you again, for giving the opportunity to continue to earn your business. Recently, it has been brought to my attention that you are interested in leveling and/or lifting your truck. I checked with our parts department, and here is what I have found available from Mopar for your application. You have three options.

P5155212 - lift kit 4 inch kitp5155 includes bilstein shocks -$3415.00
P5155393 - susp kit performance upgp5155 with 4" spacers - $2705.00
P5155797 - susp kit performance upgp5155 2" includes bilstein shocks - 921.00

Estimated Labor - $972.00
Estimated time to complete - 2 days

*These are MOPAR Performance parts and are warrantied for 12 months or 12,000 miles. Additional warranty information can be found on your owners manual DVD that you received at the time of delivery.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please give me a call or send me an email. Thanks again for the opportunity.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
marv02

marv02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bad part about it I can do all the work my self in a couple hours.
Plus save my self lots of money doing it my self.

But they say if I do it will Void the warranty.

I asked already.

Last edited:

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
It will only void the warranty on parts that may be affected by the lift kit and they have the burden of proving that the problem was directly caused by the aftermarket part

OP
OP
marv02

marv02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like to that in writing before I do anything to this truck.

I been though that nightmare once before I purchased the truck and when it broke they didn't want top fix it there reason it had over size tires and a lift kit on it but I purchased the truck from the dealer that way.

The lift kit had nothing to do with the motor going bad.

It will only void the warranty on parts that may be affected by the lift kit and they have the burden of proving that the problem was directly caused by the aftermarket part

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get your reluctance in this but there are laws against that. http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm
Read that article. I just read the first paragraph but it told me what you need to know. The prices on those kits he prices you are outrageous. A leveling kit should really cost no more than 100, 200 at the most and 50 to 100 to have someone put it on but you should be able to do it yourself. If they try to tell you youre voiding your warranty then I'd get a lawyer involved. From what little I know, if they can't prove without a doubt in this world that your modifications were the sole direct cause of the problem, your warranty should stay intact

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Truth they may want to play hard ball though and we all know they will have more resources to bury the owner in legal fees etc.

OP
OP
marv02

marv02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking one of my coworks I think knows the owners of the local delership I see if she can pull some strings for me.

OP
OP
marv02

marv02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what I come up with at least for me having the dealership install there lift kits to much money I can’t see it.
If the dealership puts there lift kit on it only warranties it for 12 months bad deal plus the cost of the doing the work.
I paid for the lifetime warranty so I don’t have to screw with the truck myself down the road so why put the lift kit on if the dealership only going to put a 12 month warranty on their lift kit.
Putting my own lift kit on yes I know how and can for much less out of pocket money yes the lift kit will not be under warranty they say the lift kit more or less will not affect the rest of the Lifetime Chrysler warranty I don’t want to chance it with my luck.
Other have said a lift kit can cause vibration it’s a gamble been down that road before myself don’t want go down that road again.
So for me I going to leave the Truck stock and don’t have to worry about it so if or when the truck ever breaks just and them the keys and tell them fix it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
doing any modification is a gamble if your concern is warranty coverage. For you peace of mind, keeping your truck stock is probably the best thing