Figured out the shake...now I am pissed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maybe legs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2013 Laramie with 2000 miles on it. Local 4 wheel parts put a procomp 6in with their pro series shocks. From the time I have picked it up it has shaken non- stop though the floor board at highway speeds and eve n around town vibrates after every bump. So I took it back and made them put the stock struts on with spacers and some cheap hydraulic shocks in the rear to get my ride back. It still would shake so bad I am surprised it didn't bust a window out. This week I spent another $1400 to have the 10ply AT's that were on it removed and replaced with an 8ply nitto TG 325 60 r20. Helped, but still would shake the hell out of the truck after a bump on the freeway, so bad that when I would hits bump I have had the backed step out a couple of times 70. It has been back to 4 -wheel parts 4 times and they look at me like (the truck is lifted, your ride is going to change). Driving through the mountains yesterday as I was about to pull over and burn the truck and buy another GMC, I had a God send moment...what other than the shocks and springs connects the axles to the frame that would make it vibrate like hell when I hit a bump...the lightbulb in my head went on and I literally hit the brakes and pulled the truck over to the side of the road as semi's went by and shook the truck. I ran to the back sway bar and said son of a *****....they had installed the pro comp extension brackets on the sway bar incorrectly, and the sway bar and the bushings were all bound up, thus binding the rear end from flexing, and the brackets were bent from binding the bushings when the rear was trying to flex at high speed. So for the last 6 weeks I have been driving a hard tail truck that transferred all of the suspension shock to the frame. And a fully tubed frame does not flex, it vibrates with rigidity like a guitar spring. I took pics and am fully prepared to rip the manager's ******* at 4 wheel parts on Monday. They are lucky I did not wreck the truck on the freeway and injure my 8 month pregnant wife or 4 year old son...still pissed...but happy I figured it out. One side of the bed is sitting 2inches higher than the other, they better hope it is the sway bar that is tweaked and not my rear sub frame from all the stupid ass torsion i have put it through. if it is the frame, it is lawyer time, that is a $52000 list price truck with 6k in lift and tires. .I fixed it on the side of the road and not a single vibration since. Now i have to take those stupid hydraulic shocks off the rear and puts some nitrogen shocks back on because it ass dives when I hit a bump. I hope you guys never have to experience that ride. I took some videos inside the truck before I fixed the sway bar I will try to post them and drop in a link

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
wow that really sucks, but glad you figured it out

2nazt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Glad you figured it out. Sorry to hear that though. Plus side no one was hurt and the shop should take care of you. It's stories like these why I install my own stuff.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn hope the company comes through and treats you right by fixing the issue.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow...glad nobody got hurt, hope the shop takes care of you

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Glad you figured it out. Sorry to hear that though. Plus side no one was hurt and the shop should take care of you. It's stories like these why I install my own stuff.

This has me thinking of doing my lift myself. I always feel awkward about someone else working on my ride for reasons like this. No one will care about your truck and pay attention to what they're doing more than you will.

Glad everyone is okay and hopefully there is no damage to your truck. Good work finding the issue even though you shouldn't have had to. Hope it works out.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Glad you figured it out, the unfortunate part is after 4 trips in there, no one checked this at the shop. I hope there is no damage to your truck so you can enjoy it now!

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i would loose my S#!t and rip someones throat out if they refuse to take any responsibility for there half a$$ job. thats why i install all my lifts myself on every truck i ever owned, yes its a pain and it takes time, but if you follow instructions, measure twice cut once for drop brackets ect. youll be fine, i just dont trust noone to touch my truck. but there are good shops out there with good honest techs. doing great work. just my lil rant, im done now :)

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Glad you figured it out and nobody was injured. Keep us updated on the outcome.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Wow that is scary but glad you figured it out.

I agree, doing the work might take more time but no one will ever care about your truck like you do. Which is why I started doing all my own work on my truck as well, save a little cash but more so doing the job correctly and with care.

Good luck with the shop though, hope they work it all out. Keep us posted!

katokahn99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Wow! Glad you were able to figure it out and averted likely tragic results. Hopefully the shop will own up and make it all right. That has been a lot of extra expense for their oversight...not to mention the aggravations.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What the hell is wrong with those idiots did they just hired the first guy off the streets. I'm glad your ok and yes looks like its lawyer time - make them pay.

RaMiT420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
? Here I've got brand new 2014 cc big horn .. why does my bed seem to be twisting when I hit little bumps...if look in my mirrors I can see front off bed going side ways any one else notice this

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
? Here I've got brand new 2014 cc big horn .. why does my bed seem to be twisting when I hit little bumps...if look in my mirrors I can see front off bed going side ways any one else notice this

Instead of posting this question in other peoples' threads, multiple times, why don't you create a thread in the General section? Will get you better results and other peoples' threads can stay on topic.

RaMiT420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Cuz I can't find it on my phone Dave sorry to inconvenient u

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8

take it back to the dealer and have a tech ride with you.

i'm curious to see if they did the right thing and reinstalled the parts correctly and there isnt any damage to the truck

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know how you feel. When I had my leveling kit installed I noticed my truck seemed flighty and had a vibration...got home and noticed they had installed my zone control arms on the wrong sides! Luckily they fixed it and realigned free of charge. I can't imagine a 2000 dollar or more lift being screwed up. I would probably lose it.

RedNBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I was pissed when they scratched my rims taking off the original wheel weights. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if they did something like this.

Glad you're safe and interest din the outcome!

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you figured it out.

If you need help locating your space bar or enter key, hit a brother up! :p

I'm off to find some excedrin.