Finally Ready to Level.... so I thought?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hello all,

I finally have put some miles on her and am ready to start some mods. I want to start with a level, but then I got to searching and saw there are oodles of leveling kits.

I have seen them in 2", 2.5" and then the Rough Country that has a 2.5" with 1.5" rear.

I don't know why you would lift the rear to level it? And then for the 2" or 2.5" level I guess I'm going to just measure my front and rear "fender to ground" and then figure out which one would work best?

Thanks for any info!

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Leveling kit was my first mod too. I went with the 2" from hell bent steel it gave me about 2.25" of lift but still left me with .5" of rake

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok, thanks for the info. So would you have done the 2.5" level then? that could potentially get me some reverse rake then?

jbmb06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, thanks for the info. So would you have done the 2.5" level then? that could potentially get me some reverse rake then?

I did the 2.5" from hbs and my truck is perfectly level, I measured and had 3" of rake so I thought that would be perfect but now for some reason front and back measure exactly the same and sometimes depending on how I'm parked it looks nose high, so I'm thinking of adding a .75" rear spacer, if I had to do it over I would do the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, they'll go as high as 2.8"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the info, I read something on the Bilsteins, that is something I didn't think about looking at, but good point. Do you know who sells them for our trucks?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
There are a couple guys right here on the forum who sell them. I am sure one of them will see this soon enough.

I did a 2" level kit on my outdoorsman, and I went about perfectly level. If I hadn't had the outdoorsman I think the ideal for me would have been the kit with a rear spacer as well since I use my truck a lot for both towing, and hauling. W/o something in the rear I would worry about looking squatted all the time.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went 2.5 and I have .5" rake but at times it still looks nosed up. I will change to the Bilsteins next

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok thanks. I'm thinking about just trying to find the Bilsteins since I plan to lift eventually one day anyway so it seems that may be the way to go.

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

I started out with 2.75" of rake and was hoping to end up closer to 1" of rake so I wouldn't do the 2.5" unless you want it perfectly level. I'm looking into some airbags for the rear to keep it from squatting so much under a load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok, I am looking to get fairly level. So when you put a load on the rear with stock setup, does it squat also? I've never paid much mind to it when I'm towing the boat etc.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
The coils in these trucks let it squat pretty quickly. I have airbags now, but I think it was 6 in of drop @ 1,000 lbs in the bed when the truck was stock. It may have been 5 in, but it was quite substantial.

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I had a small load of bricks in the back and it looked like I was riding a wheelie

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok thanks for the info.

jbmb06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info, I read something on the Bilsteins, that is something I didn't think about looking at, but good point. Do you know who sells them for our trucks?

Check out bullys performance, fastnugly is his name on here just send him a pm, he is excellent to work with and very knowledgeable, fast shipping too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
VdubBry

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok thanks for the tip. I am going to check them out now.