Found out where my squeak was coming from..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it just me, or should those match the same shape?

That's what I was thinking. On the website and install instructions the arms are rounded like the OEM ones. I think those may be the wrong upper arms?

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The bottom arms are rectangular oem and the upper arm is the rough country arm that I got with the kit

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So get this after a week the e-mail me and said I'll most likely need new coils to fix the problem

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hey jstacey8, did you do some good offroading? Did you flex the rear end a lot? I'm seen this happen when you flex out the suspension and don't have coil spring retainers. I've only seen it in jeep though. When I had a jeep, we were all after the max droop and compression we could get for rock crawling.

You're name also sounds familiar... did you have a jk and were on jkowners?

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nope never had a jeep but yes I have had it full flex and that's why it popped out but I don't get why the coil is so bent

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Bringing this back from the dead. Still no luck with rcx coustmer service so I went and grabbed my stock upper arm and it is noticeably shorter then the one that came with the kit. Stock is 16.5 center to center and there (rcx) is 17 center to center. I'm guessing they make there's longer to make up for drive shaft angle. So that makes me wonder if I would run into any problems if I was to run my stock upper arms? Or do I need a set of adjustabul arms made up?

Last edited:

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can you grab some pictures of your drive shaft where it connects to the rear axle and how tall is your lift? Unless it is ridiculously high a drive shaft with a double cardin style U-joint should be able to tolerate the misalignemnt without changing the caster on your rear axle, which is what the RC control arms are doing. Basically lower control arms set the axle position front to back and upper control arms set the caster or rotation of the axle.

Realistically it seems like a lift large enough to create that level of misalignment should come with a full set of adjustable control arms, adjustable track bar or trackbar bracket, likely brake line extensions etc.

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
image.jpg this is how it sits. It will be 5 inches of lift in the rear. It is a regular cab short bed also