Fox 2.0 shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have the Fox 2.0 front shocks on their Ram? Did you install them the way they came or did you adjust them? If so did you use the Fox spanner wrench or a aftermarket one? Any tips for install?
I've got mine ready for install and might be able to do it this weekend. Or at least 2 of the 4 shocks.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're wanting to lift then I'm assuming you're going to have to adjust them unless they're already adjusted. But don't put them on then adjust.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Engine
Adjust them before you fix them. 1/2 inches will be enough as I have seen them on a friend's Ram using them with 33" tires.

Good luck

OP
OP
novelmike

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, called Fox and got some info. I read some reviews on Amazon of some people claiming a Fox spanner wrench was no good and simply junk. I figured they must be doing something wrong or using the wrong wrench.
Right out of the box they should provide 2" of lift. If you want/need more or less you do not use a spanner wrench, you must compress the spring and after loosening the bolt on the collar, you'll be able to turn it by hand. Its a set it and forget it adjustment. The spring wont settle after a couple weeks or start to sag he said.

OP
OP
novelmike

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put the front shocks in over the weekend, but i had to take it to the dealer for a couple days for that exhaust manifold leak. I wasn't able to do the rear shocks due to the upper shock bolt requiring a special wrench. But I got that taken care of last night and will be installing the rear 2.0 shocks tonight.
I wanted to wait till I had front and rear shocks on before I wrote my opinions/review.

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yeah that rear upper shock bolt is in the worst position i could possibly imagine. Good luck man.