Fox instead of Bilstein

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skip4346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does Fox make a shock or coil over system that works like the Bilstein 5100's do? I am just looking to level mine and was wondering if Fox made something similar. Any help would be great. Thanks.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes they make a full coil over so you dont need to swap springs over like you do on the bilsteins, they are only adjustable up to 2" of lift vs the 2.8 on the bils though

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you mean swap springs as in changing the springs out to new ones or just removing them to install the bils

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Do you mean swap springs as in changing the springs out to new ones or just removing them to install the bils

The Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks will require you to remove your factory strut and reinstall your stock coils on the Bilstein strut. Then there are notches with a C-clip and you can set the preload height on the strut. I believe there are either 3 or 5 setting its depends on the vehicle. They go up in like 1/2"-1" increments something like that. With the Fox or King or ICON coilovers you are completely removing your factory coilover assembly and replacing it with the new coilovers. So the Bilstein is just a strut change using the stock coils while a coilover replaces the whole factory strut assembly. I hope this info helps and makes sense! I can do my best to guide you if you have any other questions! -- Sean

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Pro Comp makes a leveling strut. Its not adjustable like the Bils. You can have a factory ride height or 2.75. I think i will be ordering these since Bils are always on back order. I don't need it to have 5 levels of adjustablity. I am just going for level.

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks will require you to remove your factory strut and reinstall your stock coils on the Bilstein strut. Then there are notches with a C-clip and you can set the preload height on the strut. I believe there are either 3 or 5 setting its depends on the vehicle. They go up in like 1/2"-1" increments something like that. With the Fox or King or ICON coilovers you are completely removing your factory coilover assembly and replacing it with the new coilovers. So the Bilstein is just a strut change using the stock coils while a coilover replaces the whole factory strut assembly. I hope this info helps and makes sense! I can do my best to guide you if you have any other questions! -- Sean

Ya i was gonna say wtf. I did enough research on them prior to purchasing and thought i may have read over something. Not what you wanna see when they are in the mail and your itching to put them on lol. Thanks

OP
OP
S

skip4346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Awesome info guys. Thanks to all. Gives me something to think about. The Fox's are not cheap. I haven't read of anyone on here running them....have any of you guys heard any pros or cons about the Fox setup?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bils are rediculous to get. Run the foxes and let us know how it goes.

tripower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You don't seem many reviews on the Fox units because they don't go as high as some other options, and because most of us are running on the street or slowly offroad. For our usage, they accomplish the same thing as the Bills at 1.4" or 2.1" but cost 4x the price.

FYI - Just saw 8 Bills in stock on Amazon today. Get 'em while they're hot!

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My Fox Coil Overs / Remote Reservoir shocks just arrived this morning...

47RUbYO.jpg

OP
OP
S

skip4346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeh let us know what you think. Are you running just the Fox's or do you have a lift as well?

OP
OP
S

skip4346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You don't seem many reviews on the Fox units because they don't go as high as some other options, and because most of us are running on the street or slowly offroad. For our usage, they accomplish the same thing as the Bills at 1.4" or 2.1" but cost 4x the price.

FYI - Just saw 8 Bills in stock on Amazon today. Get 'em while they're hot!

The Fox's are designed for hardcore offloading I am assuming....or at least much more than the Bils are? The fact that they are that much more than the Bils kinda makes up my mind for me but the only thing I wonder about is the ride on the Fox's going to be much better too?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yeh let us know what you think. Are you running just the Fox's or do you have a lift as well?

I got the full BDS Suspension lift with Fox 2.0 shocks in the rear too... just have to get it all installed... flares are being painted today...

Here are the coil overs... sautéed in awesome sauce!

RPL8nYC.jpg