Front end noise after bils and mevas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I installed bils set to 2.8 and replaced my UCA's with mevas but I am having a lot of front end noise. I took my truck into a suspension shop hoping they could retorque everything and fix the problem but they seem to think the problem is the UCA's and angle of the spindle. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I really have to buy these 700$ Swooped UCA's or lower the bils? Any other ideas or solutions?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
One common problem alot of people have is placing the washer directly underneath the nut on the top of the shock. The washer actually goes underneath the top cap of the shock then the nut goes directly on top of that. If the washer gets placed under the nut it causes noise.
213650c3c38a5e90f67fd595ccc3e1a9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Shop says the mevas are already toast Bc of the angle created by the bils at 2.8. Looks like I am paying 800 bucks to drop it down a notch and replace the upper control arms. Great!

ddetta88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shop says the mevas are already toast Bc of the angle created by the bils at 2.8. Looks like I am paying 800 bucks to drop it down a notch and replace the upper control arms. Great!
Sounds like they were installed wrong

I have mine at 2.8 with mevas and no issues

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

2 things you need to check on your Bils. Was the spring cup installed correctly? Was the washer installed correctly?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they assembled the struts incorrectly then fixing it shouldn't cost you a dime

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's because mevotech do not solve the angle issue. Especially 2013+ rams. And you spent under 50 dollars a piece for just UCA's. You get what you pay for.

Dryates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most likely the bils were installed wrong, either the cup or the washer, most likely the washer, it goes on before the spring cup. I would have them check it first.

Dryates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
By the way I have the same setup and have no problems, I installed them myself

ddetta88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a way to check those things without tearing into your truck?
Take a photo the strut where the bottom of the spring seats, also take some photos of the upper ball joint from the top of the control arm. The entire reason for changing the control arm is because the ball joint will pop out on the factory arm. I'd be willing to bet the spring seat is either upside down or the washer us installed wrong. Also post some photos of your truck if the spring seat is upside down it would make the angle that much more extreme

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
They were installed correctly, but the ball joint was trashed on the mevas, I see how the angle is bad now, I just went with them Bc that's what I saw highly suggested on here

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They were installed correctly, but the ball joint was trashed on the mevas, I see how the angle is bad now, I just went with them Bc that's what I saw highly suggested on here

2.8 should not trash the ball joints, nor put them at an excessive angle. Are you sure the coil cups are installed in the right direction? If the cup was installed backwards, 2.8 becomes 4.8. This would indeed trash the ball joints.