Front shocks leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 09 Ram with a RC 6" lift. My front shocks are starting to leak (original shocks) and I need to address it soon.

What recommendations would the gang suggest? If there is a spacer up front (not sure), should I take it out and get adjustable shocks? The front sits about 1 " lower than the rear even though the kits says that it will level your truck.

Do I just need to buy shocks, or the whole strut assembly. What can I expect to pay?

TIA

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to Rough country and look at the 6" kit for ur 09 and see if it utilizes the factory coil over. It most likely does but I'm not sure. I don't have time to look right this second. 1st ya got to figure out exactly what's under there.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I was going to replace it, I would look at some bilstiens or rancho"s. My buddy just did rancho coil overs on his 08 and he is happy with them.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. I think I will go with Bilstien. I have read enough good post on them.