Gearing and options Help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbornearchery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with a 6" Skyjacker suspension lift. I really want to go bigger but the only option is an 8" and I don't want to pay for a whole new lift. I am going to run 37" tires and currently running 35" and have plenty of room for the 37" upgrade. Will going to 37's damage my truck or be hard on it? I would like to put new gears in it also. If I put new gears in it will it be better for the tranny, etc.? I was going to use a leveling kit but was told not to do it. I thought about a body lift but hate the way the gaps look. I bought the truck used so I know I will need to get a build sheet or whatever to determine my current gears. Thank you in advance for any gear recommendations and help you can provide. PS. the only pulling I do is 6x11 ATV trailer with my ATV on it. Thanks

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 44

Sladerade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just re-geared from 3.55 to 4.56 w/ TruTrack LSD and running Bilstiens @2.1 and 35" trail grapplers and man do I feel a difference! If not mistaken you can re-gear but I think the rear needs to be machined to accept 4.56 gears. Not a 100% sure though

Wait a second... I'm posting from an iPhone?

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Body lift won't harm anything. Plus besides a level it's the most cost effective for a lift.