Get my lift back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Where Are You Located Sir ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sir? Lol idk that I'm old enough that yet! But I'm located in upstate NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Well there's a new twist to this saga: I already had the front RC N2.0 struts installed on my truck. I cannot install Bilsteins as I do not have the 6 inch strut spacer, the bilsteins would have to reach up to the control arms without help.

So I'm left with 3 solutions: look for front lift springs, front strut coil spacers, or strut spacers. I'd rather not do a strut spacer as my struts are already drooping under the added weight, and this wouldn't decompress them. I'm trying to find a company that makes lift springs for these trucks but can't find anything. I found Maxtrak but they said their springs only work for 2wd rams. The only other solution at the moment are Eibach Pro-Truck 2.75" lift springs. Just wondering if anyone has anything thoughts before I pull the trigger on any of these.

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Call cjc offroad in so cal on Monday - Good guys

I called CJC Off-road today. They said I was in a very tight spot, and suggested I used strut spacers because coil spacers would make the ride very harsh. Ultimately though, they pointed me to coil over specialties, they make custom springs for all vehicles. So I filled out their online form requesting a quote. Let's see what that turns up.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good to hear - keep us posted

OP
OP
F

Funkbass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HDMI 5.7
Good to hear - keep us posted

They responded this morning. $298 for a pair of custom made 2" lifted springs for the ram that can bear the weight of the bumper. Not bad. A bit more than I wanted to but within my budget :)

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They responded this morning. $298 for a pair of custom made 2" lifted springs for the ram that can bear the weight of the bumper. Not bad. A bit more than I wanted to but within my budget :)

Hmmm , hope it works out for ya ....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dhambyst121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us posted. Want to know how it rides after you install the new springs. Same, better, or rougher.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk