Going from 4 Inch Lift to 6 Inch Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARKSoft84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello All! I'm a new member to the forum and I just have some questions.

I've been searching all day and have found some of my answers, but want to get some general ideas and opinions from the community if you don't mind.

The Truck: 2012 Ram 1500 crew. Currently lifted 4" with a Rough Country Lift.

Called Rough Country today to ask them what would be needed to go from the 4" lift up to the 6" lift. They said the only difference is the lift blocks that go on top of the front struts and the lift blocks and shocks in the rear. They won't sale these parts separate so I am scouring the inter-webs to find them.

What I have come up with is this:

Front: Add Blisten 5100s and extend them out the extra 2 inches that I need
Rear: Add these springs: 2009-2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Rear 2wd 4wd - Rear Coil Spring Kit (50% Capacity Increase) (Raises Rear 2"-4") [TTC-1223] | $207.95 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts

However, I still need shocks for the rear, and the 5100s I haven't found for a 6 inch lift.

My questions:

What would be the best shock for 6 inches of lift in the rear?
Are those springs that I linked any good?

Thanks for any help!

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good question! I have a 4 inch zone lift and currently looking to go to 6 inch. I stopped in a local shop here and they told me i could go with the RC N3 6 inch strut assembly in the front and in the rear add a block if needed to get level my truck currently sits front lower by 1 inch. Was curious if needed new rear coils also?