going a little bigger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadster21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
right now i have a 2012 ram sport with 6'' rcx lift on 35'' coopers and 20'' fuel hostage rims. seeing all the trucks on here is making me think mine is small... so up shes rising.

thanks to fastnugly i have a 1.25'' body lift on the way aswell as a 1.75'' coil spacer.

im also adding the pro comp adjustable shocks up front at 2.75 ish. and i just ordered some 37'' toyo open country mt tires.

im hoping this will finally satisfy me becuase the 6'' really isnt cutting it.

does anyone have input on the shocks i am going with? and how much work do i have ahead of me for this body lift. any thoughts or suggestions are welcome

Attachments

• lifted.jpg
    lifted.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 140

justin443

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 RAM 1500 Sport 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7
your truck is sick already haha
you can't go wrong with the toyo open countrys
i love em

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I agree! Dang if your truck is small..then I dont wanna know what mine is lol. But sweet plans, looking forward to some pics!

OP
OP
chadster21

chadster21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
haha thanks! i like the truck and all but it could be higher haha. im home from work in 8 days and everything should be in by then for the install

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dope truck. But if you feel that it's small. Than your truck is small lol

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about some bilsteins and changing that 1.25 to a 3 lol

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about some bilsteins and changing that 1.25 to a 3 lol

The pro comp pro runners are same as bilsteins, but I agree with making it a 3"

I want to know more about them as we'll haven't heard much of them but love pro comp suspension.

TXKID

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The pro comp pro runners are same as bilsteins, but I agree with making it a 3"

I want to know more about them as we'll haven't heard much of them but love pro comp suspension.

Didn't even see the part on the pro comp shocks sorry about that! But usually pro comp makes good products

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't even see the part on the pro comp shocks sorry about that! But usually pro comp makes good products

Yeah I just found that the pro comp are not as adjustable though only 0 or 2.75" no in between is what 4 wheel parts told me. Where as bilsteins are adjustable in between. Still love pro comp stuff and your truck txkid

OP
OP
chadster21

chadster21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
cant do 3'', i have power steps. and this set up will bring me to 10'' i dont want any higher than that lol

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree! Dang if your truck is small..then I dont wanna know what mine is lol. But sweet plans, looking forward to some pics!

TOO SMALL!!!!!!
Up she goes now :)

Kidding bud ;)

Last edited:

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I just found that the pro comp are not as adjustable though only 0 or 2.75" no in between is what 4 wheel parts told me. Where as bilsteins are adjustable in between. Still love pro comp stuff and your truck txkid

Exactly ^^^^ no other settings. But when pairing it with a pro comp 6" kit, it works wonders as their diff drop is lower than most other lift kits

Maxed Bilsteins on a pro comp kit is very similar in height to an RCX kit with Bilsteins at 2.1
Go figure

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cant do 3'', i have power steps. and this set up will bring me to 10'' i dont want any higher than that lol

Chad, you will have a pretty big lift man and it will be VERY noticeable over your current setup. No questions about that.
You'll be adding 4" up front and 3" in the rear of suspension lift :005:

Plus your truck will feel even taller with the larger meat :********:

OP
OP
chadster21

chadster21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Haha ya dude I'm anxious to get at it when I get home. Trying to line up a spring compresser and get it installed. Il be doing it all the same day. Just hoping my 37s will show up while I'm home. I really don't want to have to wait another 3 weeks to get them on

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha ya dude I'm anxious to get at it when I get home. Trying to line up a spring compresser and get it installed. Il be doing it all the same day. Just hoping my 37s will show up while I'm home. I really don't want to have to wait another 3 weeks to get them on

Can't wait to see pics.
Post EM up using the img code. Or send EM to me and I'll get EM posted up here larger

OP
OP
chadster21

chadster21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Ya when I get home I will take a bunch of before and after and il text em to ya. Are my amps gunna affect the bL install at all?

OP
OP
chadster21

chadster21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I got ahold of my tire guy and 38s were a good bit more and would've taken an extra week to get so I scrapped that idea

D33k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly ^^^^ no other settings. But when pairing it with a pro comp 6" kit, it works wonders as their diff drop is lower than most other lift kits

Maxed Bilsteins on a pro comp kit is very similar in height to an RCX kit with Bilsteins at 2.1
Go figure

Would make sense with rcx being a larger strut spacer by around an inch, needing around an extra inch on shock setting to get there, but on the pro comp diff drop cv angle should be slightly better. Fast how big is rcx diff drop?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya when I get home I will take a bunch of before and after and il text em to ya. Are my amps gunna affect the bL install at all?

Sweet!
It shouldn't. But if it does it wouldn't be much to clear the way. But for the most part, you shouldn't have any issues.

I got ahold of my tire guy and 38s were a good bit more and would've taken an extra week to get so I scrapped that idea

37's will do then

OP
OP
chadster21

chadster21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
ya 38s are only a tad bigger anyway lol