Going from Zone 6/3 to 6/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have searched and read quite a bit about the Zone lift kits and decided to have the 6/3 installed. The owner of my local shop talked me out of running the 6/5 with Bils; he thought it would be a dangerous setup due to maxing out the front components.
Two part question:
First, I have read many posts from people running this setup who claim it is completely safe and will not compromise the front components. Is this true? It does make sense that the Zone kit was not designed to add a leveling kit on top of it's lift.

Second, if I do feel comfortable about upgrading to this setup will I need any other parts besides the Bilsteins for the front and the 5" coils from Zone for the rear?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This set up would be fine Sir .

With the 5" coils you'll likely need longer shocks in the rear .

As far as the front goes all you need is the bilsteins 5100s .

I suggest installing the coils & shocks in the rear first , take it out for a short drive for settling and a more accurate measurement for rake . Once you know how much rake you have , take into consideration what amount of rake you want so you know what ring to adjust to on the bils .
Top =+ 2.8"
Next = + 2.1"
Next = + 1.4"
Next + .7 "
Bottom ring = stock settings .

You'll likely set them to +2.1" or + 2.8" for a level , if you set them to +2.8" and you do a fair amount of rough offroading you may consider upgrading the UCA up front as the stock ucas upper ball joints have proved to be a weak point in the oem ucas . Mevotec makes a beefier uca with a greasable upper ball joint for about $100 ea .
Zone makes a MUCH BEEFIER one for a lot more , depends on how rough your offroading is .

Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JCam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, this is very helpful, thank you for the quick response. I did look at getting the uca's from Zone but did not want to throw another $450 on top of the lift kit at this time. For a $100 I might just throw on a set of Mevotec uca's to be safe. I like the Zone 6/3 lift; it sits level and looks great but just isn't quite as high as I want. I have considered adding a body lift instead but feel like that route is more trouble than it's worth.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
add the bilsteins like posted before, set to 2.1 and get the 5 inch total spring for the rear. Itll fit 37's nicely. If thats not high enough, trade for a HD and get a 12 inch lift.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You maybe need the rear kit from Zone to make the switch to the 5" rear lift. They probably have longer sway bar end links, different pinion angle brackets, new rear shocks and possibly a new Panhard bracket.

OP
OP
J

JCam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You were right

You maybe need the rear kit from Zone to make the switch to the 5" rear lift. They probably have longer sway bar end links, different pinion angle brackets, new rear shocks and possibly a new Panhard bracket.

Well, you were right. After talking to Zone today I found out I will have to buy the rear kit with the shocks and coils which is a bummer. Instead of spending an extra 80 bucks for the 5" coils with the kit I would now have to buy the rear kit and coils costing around $450 if I want to get the extra 2" of lift. Then another $300 or so for Bils and uca's. I guess it's back to the drawing board or just leave well enough alone. Thanks for the insight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45