Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2.1 setting for level, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Not sure, I added rear springs to mine so mine still isn't level. Most guys though have done 2.1 to be level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
generally 2.1 leaves some rake. My truck basically still has 1" of rake and i'm at 2.1

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
generally 2.1 leaves some rake. My truck basically still has 1" of rake and i'm at 2.1

Can you notice it though? Can we get a pic from the side on a level surface?

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
ok so after reading tons of threads about fitment, lifting, and billstein's.. i think i may have it nailed down for my 1500 slt v6. with the following setup, i should have no rubbing or fitment issues. let me know if im wrong thanks

i will need 4 bilstein 5100 level and set anywhere between 2.1-2.8
after all the research, i see it is best to replace the upper control arms as well.. looking at mevotech for that
wheels 20x9 0 offset
295/60 r20 or 35x12.50 tires

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
ok so after reading tons of threads about fitment, lifting, and billstein's.. i think i may have it nailed down for my 1500 slt v6. with the following setup, i should have no rubbing or fitment issues. let me know if im wrong thanks

i will need 4 bilstein 5100 level and set anywhere between 2.1-2.8
after all the research, i see it is best to replace the upper control arms as well.. looking at mevotech for that
wheels 20x9 0 offset
295/60 r20 or 35x12.50 tires

You don't need 4 bilsteins. Just two adjustables for the front. If you want to replace the rears you can but they are not adjustables. With the bilsteins the risk of the ball joints popping decreases but replacing them is a good insurance to not have to fix it down the road.

Tire and wheels specs look good for no rubbing

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
You don't need 4 bilsteins. Just two adjustables for the front. If you want to replace the rears you can but they are not adjustables. With the bilsteins the risk of the ball joints popping decreases but replacing them is a good insurance to not have to fix it down the road.

Tire and wheels specs look good for no rubbing

Really. Just the fronts. Sorry I'm new to the truck world. For slammed lowered cars I know it all. But this, no. Thanks for the advice. Wouldn't the ride feel awkward with just front replacement ? I was thinking something along the lines of like a 2.1 up front and 1.4 or so for the rear. If I left the rear stock, wouldn't I get some potential rub from the wheels setup ?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really. Just the fronts. Sorry I'm new to the truck world. For slammed lowered cars I know it all. But this, no. Thanks for the advice. Wouldn't the ride feel awkward with just front replacement ? I was thinking something along the lines of like a 2.1 up front and 1.4 or so for the rear. If I left the rear stock, wouldn't I get some potential rub from the wheels setup ?

The rear sits higher already. Plus the adjustables don't fit in the back. Front is coilover which is what the adjustable is. Rear is not. You can get spacers in the back or lifted springs if you want but it's not required.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
The rear sits higher already. Plus the adjustables don't fit in the back. Front is coilover which is what the adjustable is. Rear is not. You can get spacers in the back or lifted springs if you want but it's not required.

Awesome. Just saved me some money. Thanks. Lol.
So with the front leveled with the bilsteins I will have no issues with the wheel setup I mentioned above. No rubbing front or back. Thanks.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Awesome. Just saved me some money. Thanks. Lol.
So with the front leveled with the bilsteins I will have no issues with the wheel setup I mentioned above. No rubbing front or back. Thanks.

Correct....you should be good

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Thinking of these 20x9 for my forest green 1500.
Just hoping for some feedback from those with the v6. If there mpg or acceleration suffered a lot due to the heavier wheels/tires. If so hopefully a cai or flowmaster 44 can help. Level it out.

57c5aebddb7d34eb4634c51a0ef5122c.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thinking of these 20x9 for my forest green 1500.
Just hoping for some feedback from those with the v6. If there mpg or acceleration suffered a lot due to the heavier wheels/tires. If so hopefully a cai or flowmaster 44 can help. Level it out.

57c5aebddb7d34eb4634c51a0ef5122c.jpg

Unfortunately if you get heavy mud tires along with the heavier wheels you will notice it on acceleration and on braking. Not saying it will be horrible just noticeable. When I put stock wheels back on my 2011 to trade it in and took it for a test drive to ge the tpms sensors to work it felt like I just installed a tuner lol

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Unfortunately if you get heavy mud tires along with the heavier wheels you will notice it on acceleration and on braking. Not saying it will be horrible just noticeable. When I put stock wheels back on my 2011 to trade it in and took it for a test drive to ge the tpms sensors to work it felt like I just installed a tuner lol

Lmao that is funny. Don't plan on getting overly muddy tires. I do mostly pavement with an occasional trail or beach run. Just to work the 4x4 lol.

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There has been a lot of good information shared in this thread!
Thank you BrandonJansen for the Great Post!

Noahlarimie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Measuring for 5100s

First time poster here... So this may have been covered already but, I'm measuring for bils, however the rear distance is 1" higher on the right rear than the left rear. How do you handle this?

BSLugnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4, I'm getting Bils along with some Zone UCAs installed.

I would like to keep the stock rims with the BFG KO2 275/60-20 on it.

What size wheel spacer will i need for the front and rear to keep the tires from rubbing in the front and in the rear to keep the stance aligned.

Thank you in advance.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4, that are getting Bils along with some Zone UCAs installed.

I would like to keep the stock rims with the BFG KO2 275/60-20 on it.

What size wheel spacer will i need for the front and rear to keep the tires from rubbing in the front and in the rear to keep the stance aligned.

Thank you in advance.

none, that is the stock tire size

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's

I have a 2015 1500 crewcab ecodiesel Laramie with the stock 20" wheels. My front end is lifted 2.5" and my rear 1". What are the biggest tires I can fit on my truck. I have searched and read a lot and tire sizes confuse the crap out of me I just want a straight answer.

Thanks