Is this guy BS'ng me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 sport
Engine
Hey everyone, I'm new here..
2017 1500 sport I'm 6in. lifting on 20's with 35's.

2 local shops, similar prices 1 shop says Zone w/ the UCA is great..
The other shop says Zone sucks(parts don't fit, bad customer support) and Rough country with struts is the way to go?
I've read in here, basically everyone says Zone is the way to go in comparing the two.

Anyway, I want to do this right, and want my ride tight!
Without beating a dead horse, advice is appreciated!

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rough Country isn't bad, I have buddies that run their lifts and have no problem at all. Saying Zone sucks is pretty bold statement. I'm sure most people here will say Zone is the way to go. Go with what works with your budget.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Having had RC lifts on Jeeps before, their ride isn't great, shocks are terrible but everything else is pretty standard. If I had the choice, Id go Zone just from previous experience with RC.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the second shop sell and promote rough country? That might be the reason. I had a similar situation when i talked to a local shop. They said zone was junk and I would hate the way it rides. Went with a different shop and had the zone lift done. Zero regrets and love the ride. Feels like a truck!

OP
OP
L

Landis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 sport
Engine
They sell Rough country, and Zone.
I'm thinking they got into it with Zone over something...
I appreciate the help!

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4" lifts are pretty similar, only minimal differences, but sometimes the 6" RC lift has to have work done after the lift due to the driveshaft not fitting properly because they send the wrong parts. Overall Zone is probably the way to go, unless you go BDS or fabtech

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They sell Rough country, and Zone.
I'm thinking they got into it with Zone over something...
I appreciate the help!

I think this is the case, But for me any shop that bashes a product they sell is not one worth doing business with. They probably make more $$ of selling rough country than Zone which is why he pushes them more. Either way I would go with the other shop or find another shop to give you a quote and info.

OP
OP
L

Landis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 sport
Engine
AppreciAte the help everyone

H3MI UP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zone seems to be preferred over rough country due to the way the trucks are lifted in the rear. I bought my truck from the dealer with the rcx lift installed. I have no complaints yet about my lift and it rides and looks very well. Had I been able to choose my lift I would have went BDS with a zone a close second

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Yes he's definitely BS'ing you. If he thinks that a Zone lift is a better option than Rough Country then he's not the guy to be dealing with. Zone tops Rough Country without a doubt. For both their product and customer support.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After all of my years with Jeep's the best way I can describe my feelings about Rough Country is, if WalMart sold lift kits RC would be on their shelves. Never had any of their parts on a Ram over the last 18 years or so of owning them. A 97 TJ had a 4" on it when I bought it . As I understood TJ's suspension each part was replaced with quality items and that was many TJs ago .

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After all of my years with Jeep's the best way I can describe my feelings about Rough Country is, if WalMart sold lift kits RC would be on their shelves. Never had any of their parts on a Ram over the last 18 years or so of owning them. A 97 TJ had a 4" on it when I bought it . As I understood TJ's suspension each part was replaced with quality items and that was many TJs ago .
I agree, but they have improved quality over the years, i would put them over a procomp lift, hell even low end fabtech lifts iver heard are junk these days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

VanCityRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone is the way to go. Awesome lift kit, almost 2 years later and not a single problem.